Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland BC
    Posts
    17

    trip to the range, Vegas style

    I had to go to Las Vegas for work last week so figured if I could squeeze an hour away from training/trade shows I would hit a range for an little bit.

    Ended up going to https://www.therange702.com/ with a co-worker and had a blast. Close to the strip, reasonable $, and shuttle service if need be.

    Associate helping us was from Toronto originally and a really good at what he did. I asked him why he was in Vegas and he replied " everything is cheaper and I can carry a gun" hard to argue with his logic.

    I got to shoot a G36 (full and semi auto) , Desert Eagle (.44) S&W 500 and last but certainly not least the M249 SAW (full auto)

    Great experience, will do it again and if you get the chance look them up.

    Paul

  2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By PaulV

    Coke (03-13-2019), road kill (03-13-2019), Rory McCanuck (03-12-2019), Scotlas (03-12-2019)

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,911
    What does it cost to shoot the 249?

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,075

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,911
    PaulV: They have an MG42 and you didn't try that one? Whats wrong with you?

    MG42, is the coolest gun I have ever had the opportunity to shoot. The C9 (M249) would be a close second though. The MG42 is so fast and so raucous it is an outrageous experience that leaves you absolutely buzzing afterward.

  6. #5
    Senior Member GonZo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    886
    I have done the gun store in vegas before many years ago. This was the funniest of what I shot that day, even better than a m249....

    https://thegunstorelasvegas.com/gun/ (the MP40, damn link wont go straight to the gun)
    "Canadians expend about half a billion rounds of ammunition per year (ammunition import statistics). If guns are the cause of homicide, we're missing 99.9999992% of the time." from Range Bob

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    SWOntario
    Posts
    2,126
    The last civilian owned M249 I saw on-line ran something on the order of $250,000US. Might have been $275,000. Wasn't recently. MG's are fun.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland BC
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    PaulV: They have an MG42 and you didn't try that one? Whats wrong with you?

    MG42, is the coolest gun I have ever had the opportunity to shoot. The C9 (M249) would be a close second though. The MG42 is so fast and so raucous it is an outrageous experience that leaves you absolutely buzzing afterward.
    already working on the roster for next trip
    thinking AK, MP5 and either Thompson or P90
    will look at adding the MG42 as well but the belt fed are not part of the triple threat package. Its all a little overwhelming when you stand at the counter and they say " what do you want to shoot" and you WANT to shoot all of it but you don't have the time or $ to do that ..........

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by GonZo View Post
    I have done the gun store in vegas before many years ago. This was the funniest of what I shot that day, even better than a m249....

    https://thegunstorelasvegas.com/gun/ (the MP40, damn link wont go straight to the gun)
    Yep, the MP40 is a damn good subgun.

    The Thompson is fun cause its so fast and oddly the Grease Gun is fun because it is so slow.

    The MACs are ludicrously fast and tiny. They actually require a bit of experience to shoot.

    The MP5 is my least favourite SMG because it has the most felt recoil. Hard to believe a big, heavy SMG can buck that much.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    The last civilian owned M249 I saw on-line ran something on the order of $250,000US. Might have been $275,000. Wasn't recently. MG's are fun.
    An M249 is not inherently worth that much. The price is just a reflection of the giant demand for a tiny supply.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulV View Post
    already working on the roster for next trip
    thinking AK, MP5 and either Thompson or P90
    will look at adding the MG42 as well but the belt fed are not part of the triple threat package. Its all a little overwhelming when you stand at the counter and they say " what do you want to shoot" and you WANT to shoot all of it but you don't have the time or $ to do that ..........
    The ones I'd suggest are:

    MG42 - because it is ridiculously exciting and fun to shoot something that is big and runs that fast. It is THE belt fed of belt feds.

    Thompson - because it is big, heavy and really fast cyclic rate. Also the historical angle is cool.

    MP5SD - the standard MP5 is not worth shooting. It is the least fun SMG I'v ever shot. The SD is cool for CDNs because we don't have access to suppressed stuff and suppressed is ALWAYS fun.

    If they have a MAC, give that a go. Its a wild little beast with a ridiculous cyclic rate.

    The AK is not worth shooting and the only reason CDNs are obsessed w that POS is because govt says we can't have one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •