Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wonder if the cost of the fancy cover(what did the last one cost, 100k?) will be included in the budget?
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

kennymo (03-14-2019), M1917 Enfield (03-15-2019), RangeBob (03-14-2019), Rory McCanuck (03-14-2019)

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I wonder if the cost of the fancy cover(what did the last one cost, 100k?) will be included in the budget?
    more like 200K plus

Morneau drops more hints about budget

March 14 2019
    Toronto, Ontario

Finance Minister Bill Morneau is suggesting that next week's federal budget will include measures to help Canadians cover their bills if they choose to head back to school to boost their skills or change careers.

During a morning event in Toronto, Morneau told a group of children that the Liberal government is looking at ways to help people prepare for their next jobs.

Among the ideas Morneau is putting out today are an avenue for people to have dedicated time off for skills training and ways to cover their expenses while they're out of the workforce.

Top government officials have been working behind the scenes for years on ways to help Canadians prepare for shifts in the economy, marked by fewer permanent careers and more short-term jobs, a hallmark of the "gig" economy.

The Liberals have been clear that Tuesday's federal budget — the last before the country is plunged into an election campaign — will focus on helping people improve their skills in the face of a shifting labour market.

At the start of the event, Morneau put on the shoes he will wear for next week's budget day, which are the same ones he wore in 2016 with some repair work from an all-female-owned shop in Toronto's Kensington Market district.

hxxps://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/morneau-drops-more-hints-about-budget/ar-BBUM7Tr

on ways to help Canadians prepare for shifts in the economy, marked by fewer permanent careers and more short-term jobs, a hallmark of the "gig" economy
    Yea, it's hard when things shift liberal every few years

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Morneau is wearing repaired shoes.

New shoes on budget day is an [less honoured in the breach] unusual tradition among Canadian Ministers of Finance. The tradition holds that the Minister of Finance should purchase or wear new shoes when the budget is delivered.
    Joe Oliver, wore New Balance shoes with blue laces to underscore the fact that the Conservatives' 2015 budget was balanced.
    -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_shoes_on_budget_day

So let me get this straight - introduce a stress test to make it harder to buy a home and cool prices a bit, but then increase mortgage amortization which will exactly cancel those effects (while costing even more in interest)? Only an f'n Liberal...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
    So let me get this straight - introduce a stress test to make it harder to buy a home and cool prices a bit, but then increase mortgage amortization which will exactly cancel those effects (while costing even more in interest)? Only an f'n Liberal...
    this is a "nothing in it for me budget" I just cant see school kids getting excited about it,,

and lets not forget the other non tax cutting liberal budgets that benefited so few as to benift no one,, and MORE CARBON TAX

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

tdod101 (03-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
    My friend got a zero down money back mortgage if I recall correctly, a couple years later, I needed at least 5% down.(I didn't have it at the time and waited a few years)
    That really wasn't a problem, the biggest issue I ran into was wanting to fix up a gutted house and the cmhc wouldn't insure it.
    Which means I had to go through the bank and needed 20% down, which was a curveball into my savings and had to borrow elsewhere.

It's currently not a bad situation if you're buying a move in ready house.
    But I guess 2008 is quickly forgotten.

It has never been a better time to buy a house in Canada, get in while you still can, home prices can only keep going up from here on in!

Cdn-home-prices-and-interest-rates.png

dims.jpg
    Orange man is bad, Lemon man is good, Sock man is Canada's saviour!

Oh look 22.75 interest,, guess who was PM at the time and added the most debt to Canadians in living history

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12