Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ruger Deerfield 99/44 carbine

I've seen a few Ruger Model 44 selling lately for $1100 - $1200. A fellow on another site mentioned that the last "Deerfield' sold for $2200!!

Are they that rare up here in Canada!? I believe they were made from 2000 - 2007 so they made them for a good run.

I have one - NO it's not for sale no matter the price and as nice as it is as a rifle, I fail to see them being worth that kind of money.

Anyone else have one of these beautiful rifles? Do you use it regularly or do you keep them as safe queens?

They're on gun broker in the US for $1100-1200, so I'd expect at least $1500($1200+25%) in Canada.
    For $2.2k you could probably just import one for a lot cheaper.

But fools and their money, you never know.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty ó and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Not sure how many made it up here, but most of the guys who have them don’t seem to want to let them go. I’d sure appreciate it if Ruger did a run of them again. And maybe that 44 magnum lever they had for a bit too.....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Canadian ForcesMember
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    And maybe that 44 magnum lever they had for a bit too.....
    I have long felt that a lever gun in 44 Mag is a great idea. I recently bought a Winchester 1892 in 44-40. Anybody have any ideas if this would be a worthwhile candidate to rechamber to 44 Mag?
    Waiting for first light.

I’ve bought two in the last few years, but they’re the tube-fed load style (like a shotgun).

Both of them were around $700/ea if I recall, but I got rid of both because I want to find the mag-fed one like a 10/22.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonsper View Post
    I have long felt that a lever gun in 44 Mag is a great idea. I recently bought a Winchester 1892 in 44-40. Anybody have any ideas if this would be a worthwhile candidate to rechamber to 44 Mag?
    If its a old 92 no because of the chamber pressures.

Epp's sold one for $1,050, recently. No date on their site.
    They start at about $600US on Gunbroker. An unfired one in the box runs $1600US. A mag runs $88US.
    Like Kenwp says, a Win 92 won't work due to the pressure. Probably be ok to .44 Special though. Not that Special ammo or brass is any easier to find.

My Wife bought the Deerfield for my birthday when they came out. I love this little rifle it is so compact. And even the sound of it cambering is hard to describe how nice that is. It is like new with the manuals and box my daughters have already put dibs on it. So, it will be a keeper on top of all that it is a good hunting rifle. As long as Trudeau stays away from banning semi auto.

We had a Ruger Deerstalker come through the store once. We listed it at $1100 and had 5 people the first day we had it out come to buy it. The first guy through the door walked out with it and the last 4 were SOL. We still have people coming in saying "someone told me you had a Ruger Deerstalker for sale, do you still have it?" a year after we sold it.

In fact I was just at the range with one yesterday. Friend was given one by his uncle in immaculate shape. Shot like a hot damn with Hornady Leverevolutions. Did an inch at 100 yards.

Canadian ForcesMember
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenwp View Post
    If its a old 92 no because of the chamber pressures.
    Thanks for the info. The serial comes out to 1906 so that probably says too old. I guess that I will keep looking.
    Waiting for first light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast