Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar

Midway through Florida vacation, Trudeau jets back to Ottawa for day of 'private meetings'

Midway through Florida vacation, Trudeau jets back to Ottawa for day of 'private meetings'

https://calgaryherald.com/news/canad...obox=155250635

The 4,200-km round trip comes just as the prime minister is stepping up talk of his climate change agenda

TRISTIN HOPPER Updated: March 13, 2019

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau ADRIAN WYLD/THE CANADIAN PRESS

Less than two days after taking the prime ministerial jet to Florida for his spring vacation, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau used it to quietly return to Ottawa for a day of ‘private meetings.’

Trudeau and his family are currently spending spring break in a house on North Captiva Island, a remote tourist destination off the coast of south west Florida.

Online flight tracking confirms that the prime minister’s jet, a Bombardier Challenger 604 with the call sign “Can Force One,” first touched down in Fort Myers, FL on Saturday afternoon.

After only two days in Florida, the jet then took to the air Monday night bound for Ottawa, before returning on Tuesday. The flights were first noticed by a Twitter user with the handle “@rerified.”

@rerified
    · Mar 12, 2019
    Replying to @rerified
    and for the record, Justin departed late Saturday morning and returned early Monday night.

and you won't believe it but it's true, Justin left Ottawa Tuesday night and returned to Florida, so we updated the video to include the third flight segment

STORY CONTINUES BELOW

“What I told some journalists even on Sunday was … ‘don’t be surprised if the PM comes back for meetings this week’ and he did indeed have a couple of meetings yesterday,’” said Chantal Gagnon, senior press secretary with the Office of the Prime Minister.

Gagnon cited a meeting with Finance Minister Bill Morneau, photos of which were subsequently posted to Twitter.

guess the budget leaks got rave reviews,,

I love the smell of fear in the morning

Did anyone expect any different?
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

He's fighting climate change,
    by flying back and forth to Florida vacation several times in one week.

Presumably with about 40 other people,
    and a 250 thousand pound "Can Force One" Airbus A310 (formerly owned by Wardair, now CC-150 Polaris), with 61 thousand pounds of fuel.

[sarcasm] I know the last time I wanted to 'fight' for something work related, I did it while on vacation from work, with the family. [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    He's fighting climate change,
    by flying back and forth to Florida vacation several times in one week.

Presumably with about 40 other people,
    and a 250 thousand pound "Can Force One" Airbus A310 (formerly owned by Wardair, now CC-150 Polaris), with 61 thousand pounds of fuel.

[sarcasm] I know the last time I wanted to 'fight' for something work related, I did it while on vacation from work, with the family. [/sarcasm]
    I believe he is slumming it in the Challenger 604 for this adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    Did anyone expect any different?
    I nominate Mr Strangeday for a GoC coin,,

Ya I know LIBERAL COVER UP

He's just enjoying his entitlements prior to losing his job and the perks. Plus we can't have folks believing SD's rumours about things imploding in his relationship with Sophie, although she's probably hooked up with the cabana boy in order to experience a real man.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By shootemup604

firemachine69 (03-15-2019)

I expect another trip for more gun control nonsense. Stay tuned folks!

I guess he has never heard of a Skype meeting.

He should pull his head out of his ass and quit fighting for air.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast