Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    Granted, they want you to worship the state, but they are not against using religion to divide & conquer.
    First, the dialectic. Then re-education to get rid of the religion.

They can still hunt with ARs there, yes? I understand there's been a lot of controversy over it, so expect this to push them into range-only use, if not safe queen status.
    What this has to do with hunters or target shooters is beyond me, but it's the same bs argument that's used against us here.
    All I can say to the perp is Thanks a lot, a$$hole.
    Seriously?

Do you seriously think that your status as a “sport shooter” has anything to do with firearms legislation here, or anywhere else in the world?

Governments world wide intend to ensure that you and yours will always be defenceless if you encounter a vicious armed killer as these folk in NZ did.

Those governments do not see “sport” as a positive.

Why would they?

They don’t see the lives of your loved ones as having any value!
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Seriously. The freedom to hunt with an AR is an indicator to me of overall freedom. Just like permitless concealed carry.
    It tells me the govt doesn't care what I do, as long as I refrain from violating the rights of others.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

4. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By LB303

chuckbuster (03-21-2019), firemachine69 (03-21-2019), Hidyn (03-22-2019), lone-wolf (03-20-2019), Petamocto (03-21-2019), Soph (03-21-2019)

Seriously. The freedom to hunt with an AR is an indicator to me of overall freedom. Just like permitless concealed carry.
    It tells me the govt doesn't care what I do, as long as I refrain from violating the rights of others.
    People accuse me of being a single-issue writer, a single-issue thinker, and a single-issue voter, but it isn't true. What I've chosen, in a world where there's never enough time and energy, is to focus on the one political issue which most clearly and unmistakably demonstrates what any politician — or political philosophy — is made of, right down to the creamy liquid center.
    Make no mistake: all politicians — even those ostensibly on the side of guns and gun ownership — hate the issue and anyone, like me, who insists on bringing it up. They hate it because it's an X-ray machine. It's a Vulcan mind-meld. It's the ultimate test to which any politician — or political philosophy — can be put.
    If a politician isn't perfectly comfortable with the idea of his average constituent, any man, woman, or responsible child, walking into a hardware store and paying cash — for any rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything — without producing ID or signing one scrap of paper, he isn't your friend no matter what he tells you.
    [I]f a politician won't trust you, why should you trust him? If he's a man — and you're not — what does his lack of trust tell you about his real attitude toward women? If "he" happens to be a woman, what makes her so perverse that she's eager to render her fellow women helpless on the mean and seedy streets her policies helped create? Should you believe her when she says she wants to help you by imposing some infantile group health care program on you at the point of the kind of gun she doesn't want you to have?
    On the other hand — or the other party — should you believe anything politicians say who claim they stand for freedom, but drag their feet and make excuses about repealing limits on your right to own and carry weapons? What does this tell you about their real motives for ignoring voters and ramming through one infantile group trade agreement after another with other countries?
    Makes voting simpler, doesn't it? You don't have to study every issue — health care, international trade — all you have to do is use this X-ray machine, this Vulcan mind-meld, to get beyond their empty words and find out how politicians really feel. About you. And that, of course, is why they hate it.
    -- L. Neil Smith, "Why Did it Have to be ... Guns?"

Can you demonstrate one time or place, throughout all history, where the average person was made safer by restricting access to handheld weapons?
    -- http://blog.joehuffman.org/2004/12/1...eQuestion.aspx

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
    -- Suzanna Gratia Hupp

6. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Soph (03-21-2019)

They can still hunt with ARs there, yes?
    Not anymore. Their prime minister has announced the ban on "MSSAs" and "high capacity" magazines, with a buyback program.

They were never registered down there I don't believe?
    So, I hope compliance is 0
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

blacksmithden (03-20-2019), play.soccer (03-20-2019)

6000 Christians killed in the last decade in Nigeria. Guess who's doing the killing?
    Canada gave 110 million dollars in direct aid to Nigeria in 2017.
    I wonder how much of that was siphoned off to buy AK's
    We can lead by example: Stop punishing good people for the actions of a few bad ones.
    And stop enabling rogue operators who are beyond our reach, by keeping the purse strings tighter.
    Especially where 3rd world is concerned.
    Last edited by LB303; 03-20-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

11. The Following User Liked This Post By LB303

Swampdonkey (03-21-2019)

6000 Christians killed in the last decade in Nigeria. Guess who's doing the killing?
    Canada gave 110 million dollars in direct aid to Nigeria in 2017.
    I wonder how much of that was siphoned off to buy AK's
    We can lead by example: Stop punishing good people for the actions of a few bad ones.
    And stop enabling rogue operators who are beyond our reach, by keeping the purse strings tighter.
    Especially where 3rd world is concerned.
    Yes, we can lead by example.

By insisting that government recognize and protect the right of individuals to arms.

If we prevail, as Floridians did in the eighties, much of the world may follow, as most other states have done since the eighties.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

13. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

Coke (03-21-2019), IJ22 (03-21-2019), Swampdonkey (03-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    They were never registered down there I don't believe?
    So, I hope compliance is 0
    IIRC standard AR’s are registered, and they have something slightly less ridiculous than California legal AR’s that can be unregistered as long as you don’t insert an un-neutered magazine in it. And the majority of them are of the second description.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314