Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mahindra roxor

I’ve seen their tractors around. Looks like a stable brand with some traction there. But the Jeep gladiator due out isn’t that different in price.

Mahindra have been making "Jeeps" for a long time.
    They are an Indian Car manufacturer.
    My friends from here in BC showed me the fun to be had with things that go bang, unlike in N. Ireland, where things that went bang weren't fun at all.

Are they going to sell the Roxor through their tractor dealerships?

I saw one of these at a gun show a few months ago, while I didn’t spend a lot of time looking it over, what I saw didn’t look that well put together for the cost.
    Personally I would buy a used Jeep for a fraction of the cost and spend the extra $ making sure it was mechanically sound. This is just the opinion of a Jeep owner so I might be biased.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

Dsrussett (03-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    I saw one of these at a gun show a few months ago, while I didn’t spend a lot of time looking it over, what I saw didn’t look that well put together for the cost.
    Personally I would buy a used Jeep for a fraction of the cost and spend the extra $ making sure it was mechanically sound. This is just the opinion of a Jeep owner so I might be biased.
    That’s kind of my thought, for 20k you can pick up a four or five year old Jeep with a fresh safety and a lift. And if you don’t mind going back a little over a decade they can be found dirt cheap.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Swingerguy (03-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    I’ve seen their tractors around. Looks like a stable brand with some traction there. But the Jeep gladiator due out isn’t that different in price.
    Was talking to the dealer wed. The gladiator is expected to be 5k ish more than the same trim jk unlimited. Your looking at $50000 plus for a Rubicon
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Looked into these and i do have to agree for the price there are some better roadworthy options however i believe they are targeting the agricultural sector more with these as i sounds like a version with a pto will be available as well as some ag attachments. They are a neat little machine and when you consider a comparable sxs will run you the same if not more and the roxor will work harder longer i can see a market for them. Also if you really want a flat fender but don't have the time/money to buy or restore one these are a decent alternative.

I knew there was a bunch of farm stuff made for jeeps after the war, but I had no idea how much cool stuff they made.
    I really like the forklift.

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

kennymo (03-16-2019)

Some of those are pretty wild. I can’t imagine drilling a 300’ well with a Jeep.... Ford had come up with some of that stuff for the Model T during the depression, but I think you had to bolt a set of bigger wheels and reduction gears to the back end to do any plowing. I had heard of the PTO’s before, but didn’t know they offered a hydraulic pump and 3 point hitch. My uncle used to have a 3/4 ton GMC from the 50’s with a PTO. I crawled through it at some point scrounging for spare parts for my ‘52, I think it might’ve been a ‘54, as I recall it had the one piece windshield.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Mahindra has a good reputation in India for passenger vehicles, but in Canada, dealers have been plagued by poor warranty support from Mahindra. A good friend was looking for an economical tractor for snow removal for his various properties. Delta power equipment (one of the the largest dealer/distributors of NewHolland equipment in Ontario) was carrying them for a time and he went to look at them. The owner told him not to buy one as they were discontinuing them because no warranty or parts support from India. He bought a Kubota, and has never looked back.

Think back a few years ago when everyone and their brother were selling cheap Chinese quad bikes; how many are still in use? Lauda and Ugo and Skoda and the Volkswagen Fox, and Belarus Tractors all come to mind; cheap price, little or no warranty support; long gone.

I believe that these are likely great little ATVs, but if you have a break-down, and they end up sitting in the back of your property because you can't get parts, they are not much use.

14. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By MarkR

firemachine69 (03-17-2019), Northshore (03-17-2019), Rory McCanuck (03-17-2019), Swingerguy (03-17-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12