Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gender issue? Oh, [EXPLETIVE]!

I've reached an insurmountable amount of facepalms. I can't read this shyte anymore.

It was sort of funny. I saw where McPhedran was going and was quite happy to go down that road (I have vehicles that are unregistered because they are only used on crown land and private property), but the second she asked the "do you have a car" question the chairwoman visibly groaned and signalled the clerk so I figured McPhedran wouldn't be given the leash to follow through on her line of questioning.

Interestingly, ambivalent and anti-gun people I know have been personally telling me that they thought the testimony was good, except for that crazy lady asking about the NRA and cars... so hopefully it just backfired in her face.
    Proudly publishing Calibre; The Canadian Firearm Publication, online at www.calibremag.ca!

Like us on Facebook or Instagram to follow along with what's new around the office, as well as to get a glimpse into what goes into producing a gun publication.
    Follow us on Twitter @calibremag to enjoy all the stuff that's deemed too unprofessional for Facebook!

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Calibre

Doug_M (03-20-2019), Waterloomike (03-20-2019)

I was hoping you'd get the chance to mention off public road usage (and registration is about taxes etc). Would have loved to have seen the chairwoman (Liberal?) groan. Too bad the cameras didn't catch that.
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions
    https://lavscam.info

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Doug_M

Waterloomike (03-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BgDM View Post
    McPhedren is an absolute imbecile.........

She has not asked one question that pertains to this bill during any of her time, that I have seen.

Constantly asking about NRA association? She has been answered so many times that the NRA has no say or impact outside of the US, that you would think that she would get it by now. But no.........

And then to throw out adding a handgun ban amendment? What the actual F?!

I have no clue how she even was appointed to this committee, she is so out of touch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    She was added to the committee because she either supports the civil disarmament agenda, or because she has no clue.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

BgDM (03-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    She was added to the committee because she either supports the civil disarmament agenda, or because she has no clue.
    whynotboth.jpg

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Grimlock

CLW .45 (03-20-2019), IJ22 (03-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    I was hoping you'd get the chance to mention off public road usage (and registration is about taxes etc). Would have loved to have seen the chairwoman (Liberal?) groan. Too bad the cameras didn't catch that.
    I was actually specifically going to point out that all the vehicles I own that aren't registered are used on crown land (dirt bikes) or private courses (race bikes), not unlike how I use my firearms either on crown land or private ranges.

I thought that'd be a basically unassailable point to land.

I'm also kinda kicking myself for letting either Pratte or Gold get away with that comment about the Privacy Act protecting the store registries/databases/whatever you want to call them. It won't. And in terms of a potential "I came to Ottawa to secure an amendment" success rate, that comment about there being nothing stopping a store from using the mandated registry to obtain and subsequently sell or otherwise part with the collected data definitely collected the most response. A LOT of eyebrows got raised and heads got cocked to one side at that.
    Last edited by Calibre; 03-20-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Proudly publishing Calibre; The Canadian Firearm Publication, online at www.calibremag.ca!

Like us on Facebook or Instagram to follow along with what's new around the office, as well as to get a glimpse into what goes into producing a gun publication.
    Follow us on Twitter @calibremag to enjoy all the stuff that's deemed too unprofessional for Facebook!

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Calibre

Coke (03-20-2019), Doug_M (03-20-2019), kennymo (03-21-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12