Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidyn View Post
    I just want to drop in and say the reason that I went with FFP for mine was so the measurements in the reticle were always 100% accurate. That way I would never wind up second guessing myself if I used the reticule to measure something that would factor into my adjustments.
    This is an advantage to FFP scopes to be sure. However the down side is that as magnification increases so does the size of the reticle to the eye and as distance increases or target size decreases, this can be a serious detriment.
    The Vortex Razor is a great scope but in my experience is nearly useless for extreme long range precision shooting as like all FFP scopes that are worth buying the reticle completely obscures a 2.5" gong at 1000 yards, a 5" gong at 1000 is almost totally obscured as well. It is not until you get into BIG targets that you can actually see what you are aiming at, hence my question on purpose.
    For PRS style shooting FFP IS the answer, but for ELR shooting 2 FP is the better option.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By 50 B.M.G.

6MT (03-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 50 B.M.G. View Post
    This is an advantage to FFP scopes to be sure. However the down side is that as magnification increases so does the size of the reticle to the eye and as distance increases or target size decreases, this can be a serious detriment.
    The Vortex Razor is a great scope but in my experience is nearly useless for extreme long range precision shooting as like all FFP scopes that are worth buying the reticle completely obscures a 2.5" gong at 1000 yards, a 5" gong at 1000 is almost totally obscured as well. It is not until you get into BIG targets that you can actually see what you are aiming at, hence my question on purpose.
    For PRS style shooting FFP IS the answer, but for ELR shooting 2 FP is the better option.
    Exactly why my FFP scope isn't very useful when the reticle obscures the target at distance. On my magnum, my SFP scope is the best for ELR.

My reticle is 0.18 MOA thick, so when my target is 0.25 MOA (2.5" at 1000yds), I just make sure I have 0.06 MOA worth of target sticking out around the centre.
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by 50 B.M.G. View Post
    What's your reticles' true magnification stadia thickness?
    That's because the razor reticle ebr 2c is .2 mil thick. Which is 2cm at 100m or 20cm at 1000m.
    The tremor3 for example has .05 on its thickest stadias and .015 on its thinnest, 5mm at 100 or 5cm at 1000m. A p4 reticle has a few options from .35 to .07. 2.5" or 6.35cm at 1000m targets require appropriate retices, not focal planes.

Previous example of .18 reticle stadia is .52 mils or 52mm at 1000m.

If horus was dumb enough to allow for a tremor3 in 2fp, it would be the same size on max mag only.

2fp has no "advantages" if the same reticle is set up the same way with the max mag being the true magnification. This is reticle design issue, not focal plane issue.

Forgot to post a pic after everything was setup and on the rifle:

IMG_20190404_220313.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver
    ** Member CSSA, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?

7. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Battle Beaver

6MT (05-02-2019), kennymo (05-01-2019), road kill (05-02-2019), Stew (04-30-2019), VooDoo (05-01-2019)

Nice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12