Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wow! , thank you for your suggestions. I have been looking at all the Wheeler products that you gentlemen have stated and now that I have been reassured of the quality,percision, and specific tools for gunsmithing. It time to buy. TY for your time and knowledge.

You really do not require any tools for "general maintenance". That being the normal regular cleaning. Do not disassemble any firearm, especially the trigger group and bolt, unless you know how to put it back together.
    The only thing you'll absolutely require is a cleaning kit. You can get 100's of patches out of a couple yards of 45" wide, remnant, flannelette(Winter pajama cloth. Ask the women working there.) fabric found in any discount fabric shop. Runs less than $10.

However will you figure out if you can put it back together if you don't take it apart?
    So many of your posts really confuse me.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

ESnel (03-24-2019)

Just awesome feedback guys, l have tools just not specific gunsmithing tools.
    Last edited by 1ABNDT; 03-25-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Just awesome feedback guys, l have tools just not specific gunsmithing tools. I have managed to clean, lube, replace the firing pin, chassis, and slide spring on my APX without problems. And disassembled my 1301 to the firing pin and back cleaned and lubed without issue as well. Mind you it was all a challenge, as I only have the 1 arm to work with. But thanks to all the knowledge, experience, and help of my peers I wouldn't have come this far in such a short period of time.

I have had nothing but support from the firearm community's regardless of my disability. From my instructors at my RPAL, to my Gun club, to the organization's at IDPA/IPSC, GOC, I could not have done this without any of you. What a community, an experience, a family, WOW! and this is just the beginning!
    If you plan to shoot IPSC. You might want to go into OPEN. When I shot IPSC, we had a guy Mitch. He had a prosthetic arm and leg.. He shot a open div Taurus 92. That had modified with a racker and such to make it easier. He had fun.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123