Is the firearms call center open on the weekend?

Need to do a restricted transfer, I'm pretty sure it's not open till Monday, but I want to confirm
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Need to do a restricted transfer, I'm pretty sure it's not open till Monday, but I want to confirm
    I don’t think so. It was one big point when the “transfer number” for individual sales in C-71 was being discussed. I.E. Unavailable during gun shows, etc.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By SIR VEYOR

lone-wolf (04-05-2019)

It's not open on the weekend for regular peons like us. Which is really, I dunno...kind of stupid since people are in gun stores...on weekends...when they are not at work. Very thoughtful of the apparatchiks.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    They used to be. Bought a few at Saturday auctions and the restricteds etc were sold early and transferred by lunch. Now it's wait until next week.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Go here, but it's Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, nationwide. They've quasi civil servants.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/cont/index-eng.htm

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    I don’t think so. It was one big point when the “transfer number” for individual sales in C-71 was being discussed. I.E. Unavailable during gun shows, etc.
    We actually had the CFO with a table at the first gun show we put on, just to do transfers, unfortunately restricteds don't move much on PEI so we never asked them back - just so we didn't waste their time.
    It was nice of them to be so inclined to help out though.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

RobertMcC
    Here is you're answer.

CFP Contact Centre - Toll-Free Service

Contact us for information about firearms licensing, registration or transfers; questions about regulatory requirements; and for forms, applications, publications, or any other assistance.

Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm nationwide

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

lone-wolf (04-06-2019), SIR VEYOR (04-06-2019)

When this whole registration B.S. was tendered in C68, 1 of the big broken promises was that the legislation "would not interfere with business".
    For a short time after C68 the CFC WAS open 9 to 9 7 days a week so business was not lost, but slowly the hours and day were shortened to what we see today, typical government hours of 9 to 5 local time Monday to Friday. More often than not the Alberta CFP office is also closed on Wednesdays for unknown reasons, but I can guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    They used to be. Bought a few at Saturday auctions and the restricteds etc were sold early and transferred by lunch. Now it's wait until next week.
    Thanks! I'm usually available on weekends

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    When this whole registration B.S. was tendered in C68, 1 of the big broken promises was that the legislation "would not interfere with business".
    For a short time after C68 the CFC WAS open 9 to 9 7 days a week so business was not lost, but slowly the hours and day were shortened to what we see today, typical government hours of 9 to 5 local time Monday to Friday. More often than not the Alberta CFP office is also closed on Wednesdays for unknown reasons, but I can guess.
    There also used to be more training courses in more locales prior to C68. The government took them over, and cut the number of courses.
    The courses are paid for by students. I don't know if the government takes a cut, beyond the cost of the book (the useful parts of which came from the courses they cut).