Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    I haven't read every sentence or fully watched each vid so don't flame me too hard if the answer is buried in this thread somewhere but.....what's the life expectancy of a barrel?
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Quote Originally Posted by Macds View Post
    Awesome thread Joe!

Thanks for sharing.

Now to track down that one way ticket to Poland...
    Don't book a ticket just yet, let's wait and see if the country gets wiped out by COVID, or now, this women's strike that is sweeping across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    I haven't read every sentence or fully watched each vid so don't flame me too hard if the answer is buried in this thread somewhere but.....what's the life expectancy of a barrel?
    Honestly, I have no clue and haven't really heard anyone mention anything about it. I hope to pick up some spare barrel extension so that I can have some spare barrels made if it becomes necessary. Truthfully, I'm assuming that my gun was kicked around by Yugoslav Army cadets before being put into storage, so who knows how much abuse it was subjected to over the years. The bore was quite filthy when I got it. We'll have to see how it does on the range, if things ever settle down enough to schlepp the thing to the range.
    Last edited by joe6167; 04-21-2021 at 11:19 AM.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

The C9 uses the same trigger and feed mechanism as the MG42, so here is a nice explanation of both:

A discussion on the Lafette Tripod

Last edited by joe6167; 01-23-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

I picked up some spare barrel extensions. Packed in 1989... not bad...

IMG_6466.jpg

IDENTIFICATION SHEET

Name TMS PM 7.9 mm M-53
    Part number ZCZ 1491
    Part name LOCK
    warehouse number JNA 1075-1023-1983
    Number of pieces in the package 2
    Preserved SZNM 2.11.1989
    Last edited by joe6167; 04-21-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Here's how the bolt interfaces with the barrel extension:

The ramps marked inside the extension open the rollers, locking the bolt and extension together, and releasing the firing pin.

When the barrel recoils, a set of ramps in the receiver, that are part of the trunnion force the rollers inward, unlocking the barrel. As the barrel and bolt recoil, the barrel compresses the recuperator spring (marked in yellow), which pushes the barrel forward after the bolt has unlocked. Of course the bolt continues recoiling backwards, hitting the buffer, which hits the ejector and ejects the spent casing.

IMG_6489 - Copy.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_6491 - Copy.jpg
    Last edited by joe6167; 04-21-2021 at 11:40 AM.

this guy has cool animations on YouTubr

Here's how the original German design of split sling functions as a carry handle. It's much easier to carry around this way...

IMG_8524.jpg

IMG_8526.jpg

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678