Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    can you sponsor anyone who wants to move to poland? asking for a friend......
    spelelluing

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Turtlehead

joe6167 (07-14-2019), Swingerguy (07-13-2019)

Sooooooo.. When are you going to shoot it?
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

joe6167 (07-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Sooooooo.. When are you going to shoot it?
    One of these days... she's got some bugs and a few broken parts that need to be dealt with first.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Sooooooo.. When are we going to shoot it?

Fixed that for you.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Swingerguy

joe6167 (07-14-2019), Turtlehead (07-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    BRING AMMO

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By joe6167

Swingerguy (07-14-2019), Turtlehead (07-14-2019)

As a machinist, I have a real fondness for the engineering and fabrication that went into these old MG’s. It is always a treat to see some of the guts. Thanks for sharing your work.

That trigger though....the designer rolled in his grave for every one of those triggers modified like that. I shuddered a bit too when I saw that “alteration”

11. The Following User Liked This Post By GreenGorilla

joe6167 (07-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGorilla View Post
    As a machinist, I have a real fondness for the engineering and fabrication that went into these old MG’s. It is always a treat to see some of the guts. Thanks for sharing your work.

That trigger though....the designer rolled in his grave for every one of those triggers modified like that. I shuddered a bit too when I saw that “alteration”
    By the way, it took me a while to figure out how to get the trigger back together properly. I thought I had it figured out when I took those photos, but was way off. I'll give a proper explanation later.

The last mystery to getting the puzzle back together was the rear sight.

If anyone else should find themselves in a similar situation, the answer is paracord, and a tautline hitch to compress that spring all the way and get that pin in. Paracord also saved the day for getting the trigger back together as well.

The spring holder is one of the few German parts that I've found on it so far (along with the center part of the bipod). The rest is pure Yugo, and they made sure to proof mark everything!

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

More neat trivia:

Like the K98k (until late in its production), the rear sight has range markings on the top, as well as underneath, so that you could adjust the range while remaining prone.

IMG_2963.jpg
    Last edited by joe6167; 07-28-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Easier method.. In zip ties we trust.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

16. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

joe6167 (07-15-2019)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast