Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Was at the range yesterday (holy hot, Batman) and tried out a couple of potential new .308 hunting loads. I had some Berger 155gr VLDs and some older flat base 168gr X-Bullets both loaded ahead of 42gr of IMR4064. The X-Bullets won out, so I'm about to head to the basement to begin loading up a batch of the X-Bullets. I'm not sure if they still make those bullets, though...I've had these ones forever. All I see now are the different flavours of TTSX. I have some of those too...maybe I'll just load them up as well...they are supposed to be better than the old plain base ones.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

I’ve only used the ttsx in the .257 Bee so far, but I’ve had very good results without a lot of effort. The Bee usually likes a near max charge anyway, I switched to H1000 because I couldn’t find any data for the Alliant powders I’d been using to launch Sierras out of it. The Sierra Gamekings were a hair more accurate, but none of the ttsx have exploded mid air yet....and they still group considerably less than an inch if I’m performing well.

Got off my butt and ordered 200 .431 soft lead hollow points from Jet. Time to make the Swiss shoot more than corn starch.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Will be loading for the 45-70.
    325 GR. Hornady FTX.
    Over H322 powder. Have the Hornady load data.
    Just looking for the brass, Found some Starline Brass. New, $40 for 50.
    Box of Lever revolution, Cost me $61

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

4. The Following User Liked This Post By ruger#1

Rory McCanuck (07-05-2019)

De-capped and wet tumbled a second fired batch of .338LM. Sizing, trimming, priming, charging, and seating tomorrow.....after I cut the grass.

Reloading some 155gr LAPUA Scenar-L for the .308 Varget goes behind them. Going to see if I can get back on the steel at 1050yd at D's match this year.
    Still just out of range.
    Just in range. (18/02/2012)

I've been working with 223 and something hopefully a bit better than the campro bullets I've been using - Hornady 2249 BTHP Match 52Gr and 22491 52Gr ELD Match

I was quite happy when my Tikka showed a strong preference for the old BTHP bullet, since the ELD are on the expensive side.

The other day I was blasting off ELD test loads that failed to produce results in the Tikka, and wouldn't you know it but the AR absolutely loved one of them - sub MOA for 5 rounds.

That rifle has one of the S&J "KAC-Style" barrels. I've not been working with that one this year because I'd developed a cynical streak with regards to semi autos and "match grade" being used in the same sentence (without a "not" in there somewhere). I'd figured that the fast twist of that barrel would favour heavier bullets, and ordered some 68 grainers to try with it.

So I guess I'm now looking for a source for 22491 ELD Match bullets cheaper than the $40/100 Cabelas price.

Still, there are worse problems to have
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

lone-wolf (Yesterday)

Mark-II, check Wasp munitions. I think I saw they are at least $5 per box of 100 than Cabelas.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    Mark-II, check Wasp munitions. I think I saw they are at least $5 per box of 100 than Cabelas.
    They don't seem to have that particular one, but they have others I use or would like to try. Thanks - I hadn't thought of checking them. I'd just been doing web searches for the product SKU

My Savage 308 doesn't like 150grainers at all, and seems to be doing ok but not spectacular with 168 BTHP match. Maybe I'll order a box of the 178's to try..
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

What am I NOT reloading right now? I have some .223 all set and ready to go and I'm really looking forward to testing out the new Magpul Hunter stock that I just put on there. After a quick trip to pick up some power I'll be spending a chunk of my day doing some 45 colt loads for my new Uberti! Looking forward to the reloads and getting out and doing some shooting!

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RemmyPCR700

lone-wolf (Today), Mark-II (Yesterday)

I hope to reload some 7-08 cases for a young lady with a new to her Salvage. Supposed to be coming out this weekend to use my range. I need to unload some 7x61S&H cases, old reloads I bought with the rifle and lots of necks are splitting, no idea how old they are or what's in them for sure and I hope to anneal the rest of the cases si I don't loose anymore.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast