Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Ill have to make up a new batch of 9mm. Ran out of Xmetal so I have to go back to Campro if I can find some in the city. If Green Diamond doesn't have them on Tuesday when I go in, Ill message Freedom Ventures and see if I can meet in person to save shipping, Because gotta go back in on Wed.

Forget the load I used before with 124 Campros and W231.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Has anyone had any issues with Campro plated bullets for example excessive lead fouling, accuracy etc? Thinking of picking up 1000 or so for my SMLE and No4 Mk1*'s.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

I'm gone though at least 4 or 5 box/bag of Campro 115gr 9mm bullets. I've not noticed any issue. In fact I've just recently picked up 4 bags.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Ill have to make up a new batch of 9mm. Ran out of Xmetal so I have to go back to Campro if I can find some in the city. If Green Diamond doesn't have them on Tuesday when I go in, Ill message Freedom Ventures and see if I can meet in person to save shipping, Because gotta go back in on Wed.

Forget the load I used before with 124 Campros and W231.
    4.2 or 4.3 should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    4.2 or 4.3 should do it.
    Yeah I thought it was around that.

Just loaded up 50 rounds of .308 with old school 165gr XBullets ahead of IMR4064. But, I guess I didn't apply enough lube to 1 additional case to load up a dummy round with and it is now firmly stuck in the die with the rim ripped off. Lovely.
    Last edited by chuckbuster; 08-26-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with Campro plated bullets for example excessive lead fouling, accuracy etc? Thinking of picking up 1000 or so for my SMLE and No4 Mk1*'s.
    I only used some of the 147 grainers in a 308 Garand. They did better than the 150FMJ Hornady stuff, but that could be entirely relative. 100yards and iron sights is at the hairy edge where precision turns into guesses and feelings so far as aiming goes. We're talking a couple dozen test loads.

I forget what I had planned to use them in... probably iron sighted milsurps lol

I have used those Russian x39 pulldowns in 54R and in .303. I didn't get the .303 dialed in by any means, but they were not horrible (did real well in the 54R, again, considering sights). They tend to be about .310". dirt cheap plinking bullets at about 14 cents a piece
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    I have only used 115gn 9mm as well, but I have been happy with them and have noticed no issues.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Setup the press to start reloading 9mm again. I got the sizing die right for the new 124s Campros. 1.100. I modified one of the holes on my Lee auto disk to throw 4.2 grns. Confirmed by 2 powder scales. Rolled a piece of 600grit sandpaper and spun it around the hole.

I seen that I ran 4.0 grns last time I ran 124grn Campros.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

Rory McCanuck (08-28-2019)

Did a batch of 338 Win Mag tonight.
    Those 250 grainers are a biiig bullet.
    3rd from last bullet out of the box, "that don't feel right."
    Missing the pointy lead tip, it was just rounded off at the jacket.
    It was 245gr, 3 others were 250, 249.9, 250.
    I'll set it aside until I find 'the load' rather than use it in load development.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast