Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    On Wednesday morning I had an annual meeting on zoom that I had to "attend".
    I brought the laptop into my gun room and cranked out a couple hundred 12 gauge reloads.
    Funny, I had an online meeting to attend on Wednesday too. It got real boring real fast, so I did up a few 9mm.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By stevebc

Dewey Cox (04-30-2021)

4. The Following User Liked This Post By 6MT

Rory McCanuck (05-20-2021)

Ordered a pound of Benchmark, 120 Nosler BT’s and BR4 primers for my Grendel; I’ll be attempting to duplicate the load listed on Nosler’s website.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Looks shiny ... whatcha got there?

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Grey_Wolf

6MT (07-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    Looks shiny ... whatcha got there?
    6.5x47L

That is one of my favorite pictures.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By 6MT

Rory McCanuck (07-08-2021)

Realized last week that I was out of handicap shells, so broke out the PW today.

Started getting the odd fugly crimp like this

745DC35F-8FA2-46C4-B12B-948CF732E89D.jpg

Then one shell was crushed at the wad insert station. Had to cut the top off and work it around to keep from having a shot spill. Everything worked fine for a few rounds then another mangled shell at wad insert. Then fine for a few then suddenly everyone was mangled. Stopped and started looking. Not hard to find the culprit. Bunch of fingers broken off the wad guide. Put in my spare, which is a perfiddly job. Thereís a pair of tiny countersunk Allen head screws holding it in, accessible only from the bottom.

F81ED000-90AB-4FB2-BA62-5F208F26DA02.jpg

All back together, but Iíll wait to tomorrow to finish up the batch.
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

11. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

6MT (07-11-2021), ESnel (07-10-2021), Rory McCanuck (07-11-2021), Stew (07-11-2021)

As usual I loaded about half a box to get everything settled before checking powder charge. Turns out it was almost 2 grains over so I had to cut apart all those shells to salvage the components. I must have had at least one broken wad finger for some time. All the wads showed a bit of damage to the skirt and were cocked to some degree in the hull. I used my flashlight to ďcandleĒ a few good reloads and can see cocked wads there too. I should have enough components to cover the two rounds of handicap Thursday, and I guess Iíll have see if the others are OK or if Iím going to have a bunch of bloopers. I really donít want to cut apart 5 boxes
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

Rory McCanuck (07-12-2021)

Well I shot off two boxes last Thursday and had one blooper. There was enough velocity in the shot it broke the bird, but there was a noticeable lag between the gun going off and the bird breaking. Enough time that I though I had lost the target. That shell had to be pushed into the chamber, it didn’t just drop in like the rest. All I need to do is check two boxes and see if the individual shell drop in a barrel. If they do, great. If not they’ll get cut open and the components recycled.

15. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

cowboy01 (07-20-2021)

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637