Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smc View Post
    Sell or trade in the one you have for a brass one.
    Thanks tips. It’s not just the colour, I bought the black steel one because it weighs 7 pounds instead of 9.

So far, no local shops can do it. A cerakote place said they can’t do shiny colours, and a metal coating place said they can’t do it.
    Don’t order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Thanks tips. It’s not just the colour, I bought the black steel one because it weighs 7 pounds instead of 9.

So far, no local shops can do it. A cerakote place said they can’t do shiny colours, and a metal coating place said they can’t do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Maybe check with a jeweller. They can do some funky stuff at the small scale you’re looking for...

Enjoy them as is! I have a brass .44 and it scratches if you look at it sideways. I’ve given up and enjoy the patina and the fact that at least it is used.....

I'd like to see the TiN coating done
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Gold is currently 1,703.89Cdn an ounce plus the cost of disassembly and the actually plating. Gold is soft stuff too. Means you'd have to re-do it fairly often.
    Henry's are brass. Brass can be polished to a 'pimp grade' shine.

I'm now at 5/5 shops in NB saying they can't do it.

The powder coat place can do it, but it would just be tacky gold and not the wet brass look I want.

I don't care what metal it is, I just want it to look like those pics.

If nobody else knows of an exact place I can ship it to (just the stripped receiver and barrel band), I guess a jewelry place is my next option.

No, I'm not spray painting the damn thing.
    Don’t order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Did you try a shop that does chrome plating?
    I believe that one of the steps in chrome plating is copper plating, so maybe brass plating would be an option too?
    Otherwise, chrome would look pretty cool too.
    Just tell everyone it's white gold.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I'm now at 5/5 shops in NB saying they can't do it.

The powder coat place can do it, but it would just be tacky gold and not the wet brass look I want.

I don't care what metal it is, I just want it to look like those pics.

If nobody else knows of an exact place I can ship it to (just the stripped receiver and barrel band), I guess a jewelry place is my next option.

No, I'm not spray painting the damn thing.
    If you haven't, hit up https://www.facebook.com/cdntacticalfinishes/ and see what they have to say
    I didn't see any brass, but they do TiN and a really slick electroless nickel that gives a beauty shine

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Didn't someone on GoC try electroplating something (not a firearm) in their garage in the past two years?
    I vaguely recall some sort of recipe (specific liquid, specific anode, depending on the metals in solution and being covered), and an experiment or two. At least one of the experiments were disapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Didn't someone on GoC try electroplating something (not a firearm) in their garage in the past two years?
    I vaguely recall some sort of recipe (specific liquid, specific anode, depending on the metals in solution and being covered), and an experiment or two. At least one of the experiments were disapointing.
    Bsd tried to plate our og goc lead coins.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast