Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    What an absolute waste of resources. I just renewed my NFA membership this year thinking that they were done with the BS. I guess not, I won't be renewing again, I am done with them.
    Count me in as being fooled once more too.

I won't be forgiving them again. I'll split donations between CSSA and CCFR instead.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Those logo comparisons are hilarious.

So the NFA uses "no compromise" that was first used by H&K, and they're using a maple leaf + AR that was first used by Rod Giltaca's own company.

To be honest, I'm surprised they survived the fiasco from a couple years ago, but hopefully this is the final end to them.

If things are just left with the CSSA and CCFR, there may actually be hope for a unified super org in the future, but with the NFA around, there's no hope for that.
    Don’t order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

3. The Following 9 Users Like This Post By Petamocto

BgDM (04-15-2019), firemachine69 (04-15-2019), Forbes/Hutton (04-16-2019), GTW (04-15-2019), killer kane (04-15-2019), Mark-II (04-15-2019), ruger#1 (04-15-2019), Sinbad (04-15-2019), TheMerlin (04-16-2019)

Correct me if I'm wrong, from how I understood this issue is like this:

NFA - CCFR used our logo, we "demand" all the dollar proceeds and remaining merchandise in 10 days "OR" we will proceed with legal action against CCFR

CCFR - in-house counsel and will counter by asking a judge to decide / intervene if there were any "trademark infringement".

Seems to me it's up to the decision of a judge ?
    Last edited by Aprilia Man; 04-16-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    CCFR CSSA BCWF

Winnipeggers will remember The Brick vs Brick's Fine Furniture.

A trademark doesn't automatically trump prior art, or whatever the proper phrase is
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia Man View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, from how I understood this issue is like this:

NFA - CCFR used our logo, we "demand" all the dollar proceeds and remaining merchandise in 10 days "OR" we will proceed with legal action against CCFR

CCFR - in-house counsel and will counter by asking a judge to decide / intervene if there were any "trademark infringement".

Seems to me it's up to the decision of a judge ?
    The CCFR has already put it to the courts, but I'd bet they'd be happy to withdraw if the NFA dropped their claim. I think that would be the wise thing for the NFA to do; I don't think they have a leg to stand on.
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAF&G
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By DanN

no-one special (04-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    The CCFR has already put it to the courts, but I'd bet they'd be happy to withdraw if the NFA dropped their claim. I think that would be the wise thing for the NFA to do; I don't think they have a leg to stand on.
    I think SC's ego will drive the NFA to extinction ..... Been looking at other forum post and FB and here's some that I think are highlights.

According to SC

"We fight all enemies of the NFA" ..... seems like CCFR is one of their enemies.

"No apology needed on our end" ..... Wow

CCFR CSSA BCWF

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Aprilia Man

Forbes/Hutton (04-16-2019), Rory McCanuck (04-16-2019)

Yea, I was gonna slam sc in a reply on facebook(he was passing the buck despite he took initial action), and gave up. He's living in a dream. Not worth my time.

If he put the org ahead of himself, he'd step down for the sake of unity and growth.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

Doug_M (04-16-2019), killer kane (04-16-2019), Rory McCanuck (04-16-2019)

I seen a post about the NFA, going on about intellectual property. I think the NFA needs a education and look at the mirror. You trade marked it, but the logo was out way before. So your trade mark means nothing. I can see the court in Favor of the CCFR. But I wouldn't trust the NFA lawyer after this. Because he would know that, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

I know someone in a IP battle. He made parts, posted photos etc... Some business took his photos, manufactured parts, off his design.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia Man View Post
    I think SC's ego will drive the NFA to extinction .....
    You would think that would have happened already with the 2015 meltdown. But there are enough older members who aren't on the Internet or forums or Facebook and there are all the clubs that get their insurance through the NFA. It will go down in membership numbers, but it won't go away unfortunately.
    Make the Afghanistan War Memorial publicly accessible https://afghanistanwarmemorial.ca/
    https://lavscam.info

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    You would think that would have happened already with the 2015 meltdown. But there are enough older members who aren't on the Internet or forums or Facebook and there are all the clubs that get their insurance through the NFA. It will go down in membership numbers, but it won't go away unfortunately.
    CCFR gives good rates.
    Green is the new Red