Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

so why was the Scam alert closed

No 1 - I was about to send funds for said M9A3 that was listed
    No 2 - no where is it listed that I have access to that is says that you can not post a warning - just says contact GOC staff so they can investigate and remove the scammer
    No 3 - the link you provided only gives me this

srdiver, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Cause they don't care, what could the moderaters possibly do other then ban the user, they clearly don't care for the safety of the users here, i was able to stop you from sending an EMT to this guy so this clearly works

I suspect its more because as Kenny posted, it was in the wrong section, and didnt follow the fraud/scammer guidelines. Link worked just fine for me. And before anyone bothers to mention it, i am not a mod, nor have i been one for like 3 years. No special access either.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Haywire1

Drache (04-13-2019)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    -Gun Owners of Canada Inc
    1. The Marketplace is For Physical Items for sale only.
    1.a. Members, registered dealers/sponsors and rule 9 exceptions may post here for items for sale.
    1.b. Non Registered Dealers may be banned if selling commercial items without approval.

2. No scams, plain and simple. Anyone caught scamming or conducting fraudulent activities will be banned permanently from GOC. If you receive money for an item, send the item, period.

3. Marketplace disputes should be resolved between buyer and seller. Both parties should retain full records of any transactions. Worst case scenario, call the RCMP fraud dept.

4. Report a scam. Once your dispute has been resolved or reached a point of stalemate, notify GOC staff. We will investigate and remove the scammer from the site.

5. Unlike most other sites, GOC permits replies to Marketplace ads. This allows "real time" viewing of the transaction so to speak. Posts should be limited to things like "I'll take it", "More detailed pictures please" etc. Idle chit chat, "your price sucks", "so and so has it for this much" etc. are not permitted and any such harassment will not be tolerated.

6. Frequent ad bumping is discouraged. Ads will be bumped automatically if someone asks a question. If not, feel free to bump your ad after one week. (7 Days) This is not a "to the minute" rule, just a guideline. If you bump your ad twice per day, every day, just to keep it on top, you'll hear about it. This is an "on your honor" thing.

7. Buyers / Sellers "should" confirm other's identities before making any transaction. All such transactions are at your own risk. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. is not a party to any such transactions and disclaims any and all liability in regard to all such transactions.

8. When granted access to the GOC Marketplace and Dealer Network, you may have the opportunity to engage in commercial transactions with other persons and/or companies. All such transactions are at your own risk. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. is not a party to any such transactions and disclaims any and all liability in regard to all such transactions.
    Ok. I guess it's my turn to be the bad guy. First, read the marketplace rules/advice/whatever you want to call it, that's posted at the top of the section. Specifically, item #7.

Second...FROM EXPERIENCE....Somebody outs a scammer. In the blink of an eye, we have 10 posts, right or wrong, that start including people's names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and all the other stuff we don't want on here. If we allow that stuff, we open the site, and ourselves as moderators up to being named in a legal action. Let me tell you exactly how much we get paid to watch over this place. That would be ZERO, NOTHING, and NADA. Even if it was a frivolous thing, me having to take a day off work or having to pay a lawyer to respond and possibly represent......AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

Check things out on your own before sending someone a single dime because what it boils down to is that in the end, you're on your own. That's the way it's always been. That's the way it always will be. I've personally seen some toys over the years that I would really like to have had....money burning a hole in my pocket....but I couldn't do a face to face deal with them, I didn't know them, and they had a zero trader rating. Nope. I went with my gut and walked away.

Believe us guys. We hate scammers just as much as you do....myself probably more so. I'd love to track every one of them down myself and show them what a 220 lb mine mechanic thinks of their ways without using words. Unfortunately, we have to think realistically, and protect ourselves and the site.

The only thing we can do after the fact is question the person suspected of being a scammer. If we don't get a satisfactory response (usually we don't get a response at all because they know they've been found out), we suspend their account. Unfortunately, that's about all we can do from our end. I hope the cops can help you get your money back man. Live and learn. If you don't 100% trust the person you're sending money to, don't do it.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

6. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Aniest (04-13-2019), Drache (04-13-2019), firemachine69 (04-14-2019), lone-wolf (04-13-2019), Relic49 (04-13-2019), Rory McCanuck (04-12-2019), ruger#1 (04-13-2019), SIR VEYOR (04-13-2019)

So I’ve looked all over the site and can’t find an appropriate section for the op to post his concerns. Then again I’m drinking scotch while trying not to lose it watching the Jets play the Blues. The link Kenny posted in the other thread doesn’t allow me access, so can you point me in the right direction?
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    So I’ve looked all over the site and can’t find an appropriate section for the op to post his concerns. Then again I’m drinking scotch while trying not to lose it watching the Jets play the Blues. The link Kenny posted in the other thread doesn’t allow me access, so can you point me in the right direction?
    Report them to a moderator or admin. See my post #4 above.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Gotcha! You’re about 1/2 sec ahead of my previous post. Fat fingers trying to type on a smartphone.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

If you do suspect you've been scammed, and the person doing the scamming still has ad(s) up, PLEASE, tell us where they are so we can take them down until we've looked into it. There's no magic button that we have that automatically brings this stuff up. Please help us (and everyone else) out so that stuff doesn't get missed.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca

11. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

GTW (04-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire1 View Post
    I suspect its more because as Kenny posted, it was in the wrong section, and didnt follow the fraud/scammer guidelines. Link worked just fine for me. And before anyone bothers to mention it, i am not a mod, nor have i been one for like 3 years. No special access either.
    As Haywire1 said...he's no longer tasked with moderator duties. We decided that letting him off the hook for that was the least we could do when he agreed to accept 100% of the complaints from all members and deal with them in a kind, and caring way. Please send all concerns and rants to him, no matter how outrageous or irrational and he will make sure they all get looked after. He even said to call him at home if you have his number, day or night doesn't matter. He's there to help.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca

13. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

infidel29 (04-13-2019)

His ads are no longer up but he did make a post that i resurrected about why he's having a hard time selling guns. Either way i followed the same protocol when i purchase privately and i still got duped by him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast