Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Trap

Tournaments are all about the mental game. Minimize any and all distractions. Have all your shells and gear in a good range bag as you wont have time to go get something from a vehicle. Have some water in your bag too. Focus on the fundamentals.

Anther factor to consider is fatigue. You’re going to shoot 100 targets in less than an hour. If the club has rubber muzzle rests at each station, make use of them.

I always found that my shooting improved after a tournament. Shooting that much in that short of a time smoothed out any minor glitches in my gun mount.

Good Luck!
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

Dewey Cox (06-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by R&R Rancher View Post
    Tournaments are all about the mental game. Minimize any and all distractions. Have all your shells and gear in a good range bag as you wont have time to go get something from a vehicle. Have some water in your bag too. Focus on the fundamentals.

Anther factor to consider is fatigue. You’re going to shoot 100 targets in less than an hour. If the club has rubber muzzle rests at each station, make use of them.

I always found that my shooting improved after a tournament. Shooting that much in that short of a time smoothed out any minor glitches in my gun mount.

Good Luck!
    Tournaments can be really hit or miss. I’ve won a few events and then proceed to fall apart on the next trap house. Get a good nights sleep beforehand. Stay hydrated. Avoid drinking too much coffee. And personally, I double up the hearing protection for the tournament to maintain my mental game as long as possible.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By JustBen

Dewey Cox (06-14-2019), R&R Rancher (06-14-2019)

Fowl Minded
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Gas operated?

The usual fix for the Turkish guns, from what I read, seems to be spending another hundred dollars on them in the form of buck or slugs to break them in before using target loads.
    Thanks Mark. I will have to give that a shot. No pun intended.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Newbgunner

Mark-II (06-15-2019)

The tournament was a lot of fun.
    Now I want to shoot more of them...
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

JustBen (06-17-2019), R&R Rancher (06-17-2019)

They are aren’t they. Your future participation is only limited by free time and money
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

Dewey Cox (06-17-2019)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345