Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Trap

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    It was a weekend of trap firsts for me.
    First time shooting away from my home club, first handicap targets, and my first shootoff (In which I shot my worst round of the day...)

Congrats on making the shoot off! As you now know the pressure goes way up the first time you shoot in one of those. It gets a lot easier the more shoot offs you’re in. The feeling you get when you win one is indescribable
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

Dewey Cox (07-31-2019)

Rancher and all the other discussion helped me too.

Thanks!
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

Another beautiful night to shoot last night, almost a carbon copy of last Tuesday just a few degrees cooler. I had the practice trap all to myself. I was working on my own version of the quiet eye/eye holds. I’d hard focus on the forward edge of the roof where the hardest angle from that post would exit. The experts talk about using soft focus and then locking onto the bird. My eyes don’t seem to be able to do that. By having them focused at the distance the bird emerges right where the bird emerges seems to work for me.

All that talk about handicap prompted me to shoot a round last night. Shot from the 27 yard line with some 1-1/8 1200fps loads I made last year. Shot an 18 which I’ll take for a first round of the year from the fence. Any errors in your swing really show up back there!
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

5. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

cowboy01 (07-31-2019), Dewey Cox (07-31-2019), JustBen (07-31-2019)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567