Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

^^^^ could be that but you can’t really believe
    Anything any more and i do mean anything , journalists have become
    Lazy and corrupt

3. The Following User Liked This Post By shortandlong

Swampdonkey (04-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHydrant View Post
    theRebel stopped short of saying just that instead asking "Who set the fire? Was it indeed an accident as early reports suggest?

How was it that Notre Dame survived nearly 900 years — plague, wars, revolution, the Nazis, etc. — but couldn’t survive 2019?

Is it in any way related to the 2016 terrorist plot against Notre Dame — who was just sentenced recently?"

I agree with @Petamocto 's post. Unless they start talking about replacing it with a mosque it's likely just a terrible accident during the renos.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Despite all the troubles Europe has been through Notre Dame Cathedral couldn't survive a simple construction project.

Me thinks one of the millions of Islamic migrants with ISIS sympathies found a job on a construction site because hijacking a jet is too difficult.

Like this theory or not, given the current state of the world, it is entirely possible.

Easter is coming up this week.
    Last edited by Carguy2550; 04-15-2019 at 08:14 PM. Reason: One more valid point added.
    "I've always felt the nine most terrifying words in the English language are I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan
    Member NFA, NRA, NJ2AS, & CCFR

5. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Carguy2550

50 B.M.G. (04-17-2019), joe6167 (04-17-2019), Swampdonkey (04-15-2019)

I'd bet that every cathedral, and places like Westminster Abbey, in the western world will undergo fire readiness inspections this week.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Rory McCanuck (04-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I'd bet that every cathedral, and places like Westminster Abbey, in the western world will undergo fire readiness inspections this week.
    I've told my coworkers every policy or safety guidelines were written in blood by men before them.

9. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By SwissArmyMan

chrisc (04-15-2019), Neil Burke (04-16-2019), TheMerlin (04-16-2019)

Glad I was there in 2004 and also was there at midnight and got to see all those gargoyles in the dark with the spot lights. It shows how things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy2550 View Post
    Despite all the troubles Europe has been through Notre Dame Cathedral couldn't survive a simple construction project.

Me thinks one of the millions of Islamic migrants with ISIS sympathies found a job on a construction site because hijacking a jet is too difficult.

Like this theory or not, given the current state of the world, it is entirely possible.

From what I hear there is a segment of the population who seems pretty happy about it
    It wouldn’t surprise me if it was deliberately set
    Let’s face it folks if it was by “you know who “ you wouldn’t know it anyway , that would be the one thing that set the French and likely the rest of Europe going

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.dail...unishment.html
    Last edited by shortandlong; 04-16-2019 at 05:10 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By shortandlong

50 B.M.G. (04-17-2019), Swampdonkey (04-16-2019)

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Sad, angry, frustrated, it's all there and more. Was it an accident? Intentional? Nut bar arsonist or a rag that spontaneously combusted? Religious zealot or careless construction worker? We will never know the truth. Progressive governments will never admit that their open borders were the cause of this. They hide the identities of many foreign criminals to not arouse the anger of folks who have had enough. If it was an construction mistake, who will take the blame? The damage is absolute and if you think that they will be able to pin point the source of the inferno, well you be dreaming. This is a loss to our civilization as it is more than just a historical building. It has inspired generations and will be sorely missed. I do not see this ending well no matter what the cause.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

14. The Following User Liked This Post By FALover

Neil Burke (04-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy2550 View Post

Absolutely possible. I don't dispute that. Just that it's not entirely obvious that it's terrorism at this point and if it turns out to be I certainly won't be surprised given France's climate in recent years.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Well considering the timing right before Easter , and the recent defacement and arson trends directed at catholic church’s and given isis is setting plans in motion ....... it’s not outside the bounds of likelyhood or possibility in Europe with some of the strictest health and safety regs wtf is the insurance on such a project ?

Like I said we will never know the truth , even if isis claims responsibility ( and if I was them I would regardless) it has to be held with some skepticism. Just like you can’t trust the media or governments anymore sad state really.

Macron will likely blame it on the “extreme right “ or the yellow vests
    Last edited by shortandlong; 04-16-2019 at 05:02 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By shortandlong

killer kane (04-16-2019), Swampdonkey (04-16-2019)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast