Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SC View Post
    I get it, the CPC is your god.
    Conservative Party of Canada, staring:
    - Michelle Rempel as Ishtar, the “Murderous Mother Goddess” of fertility, war, genocide and ultra-violence.
    - Pierre Poilievre as Apep, the Serpent of Darkness, who wants to engulf the world in C02 darkness by devouring Ra (sun) and every sun-related Divinity.
    - Andrew Scheer as Kronos who will eat his own children to maintain power.

They're politicians, but lean towards tragic vision (good thing),
    as opposed to Liberals who lean towards vision of the anointed (bad thing).

They're also the only party that has a hope to form government (majority or minority) that isn't Liberals.
    Liberals who are out to hurt us at every opportunity.

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

Rory McCanuck (04-17-2019), triq (04-18-2019), Turtlehead (04-17-2019)

Doug,

I'm shocked to see you posting in a PPC thread; who know you had an all caps opinion on this subject?

I still completely agree with you saying that I don't want to split the vote on the right, but I also don't want to neck-shoot a Libertarian party.

No he can't win big this fall, but if we continue to neck shoot him, he'll never win ever.

I am holding my vote until I see how the campaign and debates go.

Ideally what I'd like to see is the PPC doing so well that the Conservatives have to change some of their policies. If that happens I'll still vote Con, but we can't kill the PPC before they have the chance to influence the Con agenda.

3SC,

I agree with much of your post, but I'm convinced that it was actually the legalization of weed that turned the last election. Liberal support went from something like 20% to 30% the month that they announced they were going to legalize it.

All Harper had to do was say that he would, too, but for the economic benefits (liberty + tax revenue) and all of those one-issue voters would have been nullified.

Trudeau also had the support of Greens and other minor parties because he was promising proportional representation, but he reneg'd on them, too.

All of those issues make it very good for us; he no longer has any allies, and all of the weed voters can stay home unless Sheer does something stupid like saying he's going to make it illegal again.
    Don’t order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

Swampdonkey (04-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post

3SC,

I agree with much of your post, but I'm convinced that it was actually the legalization of weed that turned the last election. Liberal support went from something like 20% to 30% the month that they announced they were going to legalize it.

All Harper had to do was say that he would, too, but for the economic benefits (liberty + tax revenue) and all of those one-issue voters would have been nullified.

Trudeau also had the support of Greens and other minor parties because he was promising proportional representation, but he reneg'd on them, too.

All of those issues make it very good for us; he no longer has any allies, and all of the weed voters can stay home unless Sheer does something stupid like saying he's going to make it illegal again.
    Petamocto, I think I sent you an angry PM once, that I would like to apologize for. I agree re/ weed being the major reason, but can't prove it. My expectation is that much of his siphoned support has been maligned and will desert/ return to their root party.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By 3SC

Swampdonkey (04-17-2019)

Lots of ideas are seductive, yet fundamentally wrong.
    Karl Marx comes to mind.

Petamocto, I think I sent you an angry PM once, that I would like to apologize for.
    No need to apologize whatsoever, good sir. I likely deserved it. I have bold opinions, and that causes strong counter-attacks at times.

I have also been told multiple times that when I'm joking about something (in my head), that doesn't come off as a joke in text format; I look like an @$$hole instead of my intent, which was poking fun.

Again, my problem/responsibility, and no need to say sorry.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

Swampdonkey (04-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Conservative Party of Canada, staring:
    - Michelle Rempel as Ishtar, the “Murderous Mother Goddess” of fertility, war, genocide and ultra-violence.
    - Pierre Poilievre as Apep, the Serpent of Darkness, who wants to engulf the world in C02 darkness by devouring Ra (sun) and every sun-related Divinity.
    - Andrew Scheer as Kronos who will eat his own children to maintain power.

They're politicians, but lean towards tragic vision (good thing),
    as opposed to Liberals who lean towards vision of the anointed (bad thing).

They're also the only party that has a hope to form government (majority or minority) that isn't Liberals.
    Liberals who are out to hurt us at every opportunity.

RangeBob, The ole one-two? The first being subjective reality which in this instance is self-fulfilling due to the circular foundation, the second being "The Boogeyman".

I hear the Donald never had a chance either. Not allowing a chance does equal actively preventing a chance. What happened to all the "long-term-strategic-chess-master-planning"? Or does that conveniently only apply to further the CPC in the short term?
    Where was that argument prior to the CPC loss? Example being, "We have to fix this now under "Our Party" or the Boogeyman will get us!"?

ETA: I am not at this time endorsing any candidate or party. merely endorsing critical thinking as opposed to group-think.
    Last edited by 3SC; 04-17-2019 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    No need to apologize whatsoever, good sir. I likely deserved it. I have bold opinions, and that causes strong counter-attacks at times.
    You're a gentleman. Thanks.

What happened to all the "long-term-strategic-chess-master-planning"?
    The "long term strategic chess master planning" is more PALers. Even Wendy Cukier says if we get a little bit more votes, we'll be unstoppable.
    If the Liberals get in and destroy handguns, that's 25% of PALers gone, and with constraints on hunting we'll have a slow decline.
    The next 4 years are critical, and the PPC can't do it.

Again, the CPC aren't our friends, but the Liberals are actively out to hurt us.

Or does that conveniently only apply to further the CPC in the short term?
    I'll be happy to revisit the PPC in 2023. But not this year.

A vote for the PPC is a vote for the Liberals. A 6% shift in votes, is the swap between majority and opposition. (2011 Conservatives 39% of vote, 2015 Conservatives 32% of vote Liberal 39% of the vote)
    Last edited by RangeBob; 04-17-2019 at 07:37 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

Doug_M (04-17-2019), Rory McCanuck (04-17-2019), triq (04-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    ...I'll be happy to revisit the PPC in 2023. But not this year.
    The problem with this line of thinking is that it will always end up being "next time".

It will always end up being Doug's line of thinking, which I totally understand, but if this upcoming election is the one we can't split the vote for, it will always be that way for every election.

I totally agree that in the long run we can't split the vote, but it's better to have the PPC reflected well and have it cause the Cons to shift their policies.

If we continue to "maybe the next election" the PPC, we'll keep getting middle-of-the road vanilla Con policies and milk drinking leaders.

Yes those are still better than Liberal policies, but I'm an idealist and I want better.

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Petamocto

3SC (04-17-2019), IJ22 (04-17-2019)

if you're going to form, if you're going to develop policy if you're going to implement policy, you have to form government.
    -- Liberal MP Wayne Easter, Feb 21 2014, 2014 Liberal Convention,

Bills, Committees, Orders in Council, Ministerial policy.
    Even activist groups balance what they tell the populace, depending upon what they think they can get.

The PPC's firearms policy is almost copied from the CPC's.
    The CPC might give us the Simplified Classification System in their last year, maybe, if we're lucky in the Senate. Any earlier and the Senate will veto it.
    The concern is that the Liberals will sink the country in debt for no purpose, and while the CPC probably won't do that (doing nothing is better than Liberal policies), the Liberal Senate might go Obstructionist Democrat and start bouncing even the rare good idea the Conservatives have.

If the Conservatives get a minority government, then the Liberals/NDP/Bloc will do what they did before -- and threaten vote of confidence if the Conservatives don't bring in $30 billion deficit spending, which in turn will lead to media saying the Conservatives can't manage anything and ran the largest deficits in history (such media happened last election, either oblivious to history or ignoring it for political gain op-ed).
    Last edited by RangeBob; 04-17-2019 at 07:49 AM.

17. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Doug_M (04-17-2019)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast