Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'd like to try a Shadow 2, to see what it's all about. Hopefully at Wolverine Days this year.

Though for me I suspect I won't care for the extra weight.

Beretta has a new steel frame competition gun coming out. I've seen nothing on price or availability though.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Beretta has a new steel frame competition gun coming out. I've seen nothing on price or availability though.
    Close to 2K I think I seen.

Finally, the Beretta 92X Performance becomes available in North America in late summer 2019. Above all, the pistol retails for $1,399.
    Last edited by RobertMcC; 04-19-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    <snip> But everything you said about the Sig. Is the same as my observation. Not sure why they are so snappy?
    Great pistols, handiest decocker ever; I never got used to the slide lock location.

Well with a 2K budget, I wouldn't select a IWI.
    It depends on what you want. An expensive Sig is just a regular Sig with fancy clothes. With CZ, you get fancy clothes, but other enhanced features. Having compared a few CZs and IWI side by side, to my eye, hand they are both great, but, while not as showy, IWI seems to be much more refined; and certainly fits together as good as or better than the various CZs I have experienced. The balance could be put towards a good, progressive reloading system. You would still have one of the best pistols at the range, and economical ammo to go with it!

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Great pistols, handiest decocker ever; I never got used to the slide lock location.

It depends on what you want. An expensive Sig is just a regular Sig with fancy clothes. With CZ, you get fancy clothes, but other enhanced features. Having compared a few CZs and IWI side by side, to my eye, hand they are both great, but, while not as showy, IWI seems to be much more refined; and certainly fits together as good as or better than the various CZs I have experienced. The balance could be put towards a good, progressive reloading system. You would still have one of the best pistols at the range, and economical ammo to go with it!
    You don't do competition, Jericho is hardly a competition gun. Which Roland is thinking of getting into. Slide is small to grab, not many like slide mounted safeties, aftermarket and factory parts support is nearly NIL. Why limit yourself? If your choice is 3 pistols over 1000$, why would you choose a 500$ gun? Might be okay on the range, but wouldn't be that great in competition. Every time someone says I'm looking for a pistol with X amount of budget? You suggest a pistol, 1/2 of their budget. I say if the budget allows it, get the best pistol for your dollar.

Like I said, CZ is one of the best competition pistol on the market today. I should have bought one 10 years ago.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

Stew (04-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I'd like to try a Shadow 2, to see what it's all about. Hopefully at Wolverine Days this year.

Though for me I suspect I won't care for the extra weight.

You donít notice the extra weight when youíre using it. If it were an edc thing, yup itís heavy, but we canít do that anyways. The sig felt just as heavy, even though it isnít.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Roland Deschain

DOA (04-20-2019)

You need to try as many on for size as you can. The fit to your hand is the most important criteria. Who made it is the least important. The frame material doesn't matter much either. That's a preference thing.
    How many mags the thing comes with is important. A factory CZ 75 mag runs $70 each at Cabela's Canada. Aftermarket mags are about half that, here.
    For IPSC(or any of the shooting games), you need to consider their daft artificial "power factor" thing. All the games are biased in favour of the .45 ACP. Keep in mind a budget for holsters and mag pouches.
    Do not discount buying a used pistol either. It takes a great deal of abuse to damage a modern pistol.
    "...trigger to die for..." Factory triggers don't matter. Due to frivolous U.S. law suits all firearms require a trigger job.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Justice

Roland Deschain (04-20-2019)

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    A factory CZ 75 mag runs $70 each at Cabela's Canada. Aftermarket mags are about half that, here.
    For IPSC(or any of the shooting games), you need to consider their daft artificial "power factor" thing. All the games are biased in favour of the .45 ACP. Keep in mind a budget for holsters and mag pouches.
    I think I paid 100$ for 3 used CZ factory mags. Never had an issue with them. They might been biased to 45 the last time you shot. But I haven't seen anyone shoot 45ACP in IPSC in a decade. I think there was 2 shooting 45ACP when I stopped shooting IPSC. Maybe a bit more since they brought in the classic division. But I think many went 9mm, or 40 cal, due to can have more than 7+ 1. And I got a holster for my CZ for 50$ ( Blade Tech Drop Down Offset ) and 40$ 4 mag pouches. So you don't need much of a extra budget to get 5 mags and a belt setup. Unless you want the CR speed/ghost and full blown gear.

I want to feel a legion 226, but I think I’m pretty set on the shadow 2. It fits my hands like a glove, is very easy to shoot, very balanced, and I believe is more accurate then I’ll ever be. My first time shooting handguns in 10+ years, I got a couple of nice 4” groups at 10 meters, (don’t ask where the other 150 rounds went).
    I liked the snap of the 226 a little more, felt that I had to work harder for a good shot. Having said that, the shadow 2 will serve me better in the long run. I’m just starting out with handguns, so I believe I have a long way to go before I’ll be shooting IPSC matches.
    I’m pretty set on 9mm, it will allow me to afford to shoot 1000 rounds a month if I can carve out the time from the family.
    Holsters, belts and accessories are ways off I believe. I think I’ll just buy a couple of extra mags to start and a mag loader.
    Next year, after my wife recovers from me spending so much on a gun, it’ll be easier to come home with $700.00 Glock 40.

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Roland Deschain

MarkR (01-12-2020)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast