Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Walther vs CZ vs WC vs SIG

Was chatting about this in another thread, but don't want to hijack it.

I've been shooting all my life and have now just applied for my restricted. I'm very experienced with rifles, and have shot maybe 10 different handguns over the years. I intend to get into competition shooting eventually, (IPSC) from what I can tell so far, and am looking for an ideal all around steel framed gun. I'm looking for opinions of the following guns.

- CZ Shadow 2, which seems to be most popular comp gun out there at the moment. https://www.czub.cz/en/cz-shadow-2.html

- Walther Q5 Match SF - looks a bit odd, but it's been reviewed well. https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns...h-steel-frame/

- WC 92G - https://www.wilsoncombat.com/beretta...dier-tactical/

- SIG - P226 Legion https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p226-...full-size.html

My budget is $2K MAX

I intend to shoot once a week, and want something that's going to be fun to shoot, looks cool, and be more accurate than me. I will eventually buy a 1911, but that's down the road. I've narrowed it down to these, but am totally open to suggestions. Any help would be much appreciated.

handle them, the one that makes you smile is it

3. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Stew

DOA (04-18-2019), ESnel (04-18-2019), Roland Deschain (04-18-2019)

You already got the best advise. I picked up a Sig 226 almost by accident a few years ago and love it. The legion would be a nice upgrade.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By DOA

Roland Deschain (04-18-2019)

CZ... I owned a couple Sigs and clones, and they just don't fit my hands, as nice as the CZ.. My CZ is thinner than a 1911.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

Roland Deschain (04-18-2019)

I’d take the CZ over any of those. An SP-01 Shadow has a permanent place on my wish list.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By kennymo

libraryguy (04-19-2019), Stew (04-18-2019)

I originally wanted a PPQ, I have a CO2 version, liked the way it felt, shot a friend's M&P, was better than my SD9 but meh, handled a bunch at cabelas was going to get Canik and then I tried the CZ75, it just felt correct, I bought it

Went to range tonight, put 250 rounds through the shadow 2, what a nice pistol. Feels great, doesn’t really recoil, trigger to die for, accurate as all get out.
    Put 150 rounds through a sig 226, more snappy with recoil, harder to shoot, bulky in the hand, I think I liked it more than the cz!?!!?

I’m confused.

whatever makes you smile is correct, 226 is a well respected pistol

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Stew

ROADGLIDE45 (08-05-2019), Roland Deschain (04-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    CZ... I owned a couple Sigs and clones, and they just don't fit my hands, as nice as the CZ.. My CZ is thinner than a 1911.
    Can't go wrong with A CZ or a CZ based pistol; Tanfoglio or IWI are great pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
    Went to range tonight, put 250 rounds through the shadow 2, what a nice pistol. Feels great, doesn’t really recoil, trigger to die for, accurate as all get out.
    Put 150 rounds through a sig 226, more snappy with recoil, harder to shoot, bulky in the hand, I think I liked it more than the cz!?!!?

I’m confused.
    Same, Must be a redhead effect. You know they are crazy. But deep deep down, you want to try and tame it. But everything you said about the Sig. Is the same as my observation. Not sure why they are so snappy?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Can't go wrong with A CZ or a CZ based pistol; Tanfoglio or IWI are great pistols.
    Well with a 2K budget, I wouldn't select a IWI.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast