Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    add a pistol grip and you have 2 guns for your target price

mesa_tactical_94710_01__63860.1519181478.jpg

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

I was wondering how that and the Derya were for single loading with an empty mag inserted. Looks fairly easy on this one anyway.

Of course you'd be fumbling with reloading mags for anything other than singles trap
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Mine on the last round stays open. No sure how he is doing it. Mine are the Derya MK12. I won two of them. It is also a nice shotgun. Loves the three inch shells.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    If it's mostly for trap and skeet, why not a traditional shotgun instead of a tactical one?
    (And, obviously the right answer is to get one of each)
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Rancher View Post
    Agreed. If the main use is clay targets, get one specialized for that and it can still shoot the odd box of slugs.

A Remington 1100 may fit the bill. You can swap barrels and stocks around to suit whatever game you want to play
    I had a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum, 28" Barrel?. Found it to be to long and heavy for me for trap. I also have a Winchester Model 12 w/Fixed Full choke, its a lot easier to manage over than the 870 was. Also with that Model 12 I nailed 14 birds out of 25 on one of my very first rounds of trap. I know its nothing to write home about for you seasoned guys but i was pretty darn proud of myself for a first timer.

I'm after a tactical style, as to me i was able to shoulder it a lot nicer than my model 12. When I looked at the Canuck Marauder and had my hands on it, it felt like i was putting on a well fitting glove. I don't necessarily need a telescoping stock, but all the other tactical goodies, and it being semi auto are a plus.

It'll be awhile before i make a purchase, but i figured i might as well do some digging on the subject now.

I truly do appreciate your guy's input, it helps a novice like me immensely.
    Jordan

If you still had the 870 my suggestion would have been to grab a barrel at the length you want. Not only is there a range of lengths available,barrel swaps are relatively easy

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By ESnel

Mark-II (04-25-2019), ruger#1 (04-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by jfriedrich19 View Post
    I'm after a tactical style, as to me i was able to shoulder it a lot nicer than my model 12. When I looked at the Canuck Marauder and had my hands on it, it felt like i was putting on a well fitting glove. I don't necessarily need a telescoping stock, but all the other tactical goodies, and it being semi auto are a plus.
    If it fits better than the “better” options you’ve already ran, run it and see. I’m guessing you at least went through the motions of shouldering and following through.

It might be a left handed chainsaw to some, but maybe you’re left handed when shooting clays...

Some overt fuddery or at least “don’t be different” going on here. I thought fit and practice were the biggest things for clays? And the gun below was apparently pretty impressive at clays, even with a “non-standard” grip.

ljutic_space_gun.jpg

9. The Following User Liked This Post By SIR VEYOR

JustBen (04-25-2019)

I'd take that swizzle stick out for giggles
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I'd take that swizzle stick out for giggles
    Those Ljutic Space Guns are very expensive.

And I'd be right behind you for the next one to give it a whirl. Ljutic space guns are rare!

If the OP is more comfortable with a black rifle style pistol grip stock, have at it. If possible get one with and adjustable cheek piece. In clays you want your cheekbone resting on top of the stock, not having a cheek weld to the stock. Your eye is the rear sight and you want to eliminate any potential movement of that rear sight.

Most clay target shooters prefer a longer heavier barrel, it helps smooth out the swing and provides a degree of built in follow through. You can shoot a shorter barrel and do well, as I've seen Mark II do many many times. It all comes down to what you want out of the game. And if you do get hooked on clays, you'll find this may be your first shotgun, but likely not your last.
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

Mark-II (04-25-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast