Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Semi Auto Tactical Style Shotgun $1000 or less

Hi All,

Another question for the group. Are there any tactical style semi-auto shotguns out there that are $1000 all in or less. Main use would be just for trap/skeet and the odd box of slugs now and then. Telescoping stock, a pistol grip, and removable choke set up would be ideal. I know the Canuck Marauder is available in this price point, but would the 19" barrel be sufficient for trap/skeet and an odd slug-fest now and then? Or should i just be looking at an AR style?

Thanks Again,
    Jordan

If it's mostly for trap and skeet, why not a traditional shotgun instead of a tactical one?
    (And, obviously the right answer is to get one of each)
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    If it's mostly for trap and skeet, why not a traditional shotgun instead of a tactical one?
    (And, obviously the right answer is to get one of each)
    Agreed. If the main use is clay targets, get one specialized for that and it can still shoot the odd box of slugs.

A Remington 1100 may fit the bill. You can swap barrels and stocks around to suit whatever game you want to play
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

ESnel (04-21-2019)

I have seen Marc shooting trap with the Typhoon 12g. He was doing good at hitting clays with it. With the short barrels. These shotguns are loud. You can also change chokes with the Derya MK12. I haven't personally shot trap with mine. Watch some Canadian Gun Vault videos.
    Last edited by ruger#1; 04-22-2019 at 04:19 AM.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    I have seen Marc shooting trap with the Typhoon 12g. He was doing good at hitting clays with it. With the short barrels. These shotguns are loud. You can also change chokes with the Derya MK12. I haven't personally shot trap with mine. Watch some Canadian Gun Vault videos.
    I'd like to see how he has the sights set up.

As for shorty shotguns in general - they work just fine, so long as you remember to follow through. The other day I shot my freshly threaded-for-chokes 870 police barrel for trap and did no worse than I do in general at the start of the season. I've shot my Norinco 1897 riot gun plenty of times as well.

I don't have an opinion on a sub-k gun, though. I don't have a shorty semi-auto in that range - just pumps
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I would stay clear of the tactical short barrelled semi auto if you are looking for a gun for trap and skeet. They are two totally different games, and they really deserve a gun set up for each.

If I was looking for a good all around shotgun to get going, id either look at a Remington 870 or a Benelli supernova. Both have a decent aftermarket following although the Benelli is more expensive. While neither is a semi auto, both are going to be more reliable than the cheap semi. If you must have a semi, Id highly recommend the Beretta A400 series. A good used example will run about 1500.

Mossberg must sell a 930 2 barrel combo, I'd imagine?
    A long barrel for trap, and a short barrell for "being tactical".
    I imagine that would be well under 1000.
    Or a Remington 11-87?
    (I cant explain it, but the mossberg seems more "tactical" somehow. Must be because it's usually all black? Is that racist?)

"Mossberg must sell a 930 2 barrel combo, I'd imagine?"

yep

https://www.mossberg.com/product/930...ecurity-85325/

There you go.
    Id reccomend the mossberge or the Remington over a canuck, or whatever Turkish gun your gunshop sells. Especially if you want to add aftermarket tactical parts.

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

Mark-II (04-22-2019), R&R Rancher (04-22-2019), Stew (04-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by jfriedrich19 View Post
    Hi All,

Another question for the group. Are there any tactical style semi-auto shotguns out there that are $1000 all in or less. Main use would be just for trap/skeet and the odd box of slugs now and then. Telescoping stock, a pistol grip, and removable choke set up would be ideal. I know the Canuck Marauder is available in this price point, but would the 19" barrel be sufficient for trap/skeet and an odd slug-fest now and then? Or should i just be looking at an AR style?

Thanks Again,
    Jordan
    You are looking to buy a Ferrari to haul the kids to hockey practice and as a grocery getter. Buy the right tool for the job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast