Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Then why haven't I had issues, or other people have issues? Why has it only been you with issues? Have you tried working with the OAL? You never answer this question. Or just going by specs you say NOPE? Another engineer said the same thing about campro as you do Xmetal. Why does campro give loading data, that over the max of the powder manufacture? So all bullets have their faults. And the oval ness of xmetal, Never effected me. Bullet as it travels down the barrel that is smaller will make it round again.

    Heck have you tried them in something that NOT a out of spec chinese gun?

    The hour glass loaded cartage shape is common with many bullets, not just x metal, also with different dies. I see it with the cast bullets guys at the club uses. That they size to .357, and use dillon dies.

    Let people make their own decision.
    Thing is that the "Chinese" guns are "in" spec as is the Israeli pistol. All other bullets that I have tried work fine with not special consideration or treatment.
    Last edited by MarkR; 05-02-2019 at 04:47 PM.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    Thanks for the data point Mark. Having merely purchased the commercial reloads, I was content to just accept them as nominally workable in any given chamber. As it happened, they were, at least that time.
    I can't imagine what would be different from those to a box of projectiles, except for poor QC. So I don't take issue with your decision. I'll never buy another GM vehicle. Or another ICOM radio. My reasons are mine, some people will say I'm talking nonsense, that's okay with me.
    It is possible that they have an extra resize process for the loaded ammo. Likewise, in the industry, it is not uncommon for a manufacturer to keep the best components for use in their own processes; Lesser quality for OEM service parts, and lesser quality yet for private label/off brand third party sales. Sorting for diameter using pneumatic or optical sorting equipment is fast, efficient and cheap.

    I did remove the decapping pin from both my .40 and .45 dies, and resized some. It took a lot of force, it took a lot of time (adding an extra process) but the ammo shot fine. At the time I was using an old Lyman Turret press, and it was slow doing the three processes, doing the 4th made it much less appealing.

    I have heard that their factory loads are great; I would try a box or two, but I have never seen them at a reasonable price, and few dealers carry them. I have used some Wolfe reloads in .45, and that is really good ammo IMO. But that was before I started reloading.

  3. #13
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    It is possible that they have an extra resize process for the loaded ammo. Likewise, in the industry, it is not uncommon for a manufacturer to keep the best components for use in their own processes; Lesser quality for OEM service parts, and lesser quality yet for private label/off brand third party sales. Sorting for diameter using pneumatic or optical sorting equipment is fast, efficient and cheap.

    I did remove the decapping pin from both my .40 and .45 dies, and resized some. It took a lot of force, it took a lot of time (adding an extra process) but the ammo shot fine. At the time I was using an old Lyman Turret press, and it was slow doing the three processes, doing the 4th made it much less appealing.

    I have heard that their factory loads are great; I would try a box or two, but I have never seen them at a reasonable price, and few dealers carry them. I have used some Wolfe reloads in .45, and that is really good ammo IMO. But that was before I started reloading.
    My short association with their products have came to an end
    Again, based on my experience, I can not endorse their products; I do not wish others to share in my experience.
    You're telling people to not use X metal bullets. Then read the bold statement.. Does that make sense to you?
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    You're telling people to not use X metal bullets. Then read the bold statement.. Does that make sense to you?
    You must have shares in the company; I'm talking about reloading components; take my statements in context. Bottom line; their reloads do not work for me; everyone else's do. on the "other" Canadian Forum; I was not alone in my experience.

    Had I tried their factory loads, and they worked, and I had reloaded for the first time with their bullets and had bad results; I would suspect it was me. Having reloaded since about 1975, and reloaded a lot of calibers (pistol and rifle) with a lot of different components and with good to great to excellent results; never as uniformly s****y as their components.

  5. #15
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    You must have shares in the company; I'm talking about reloading components; take my statements in context. Bottom line; their reloads do not work for me; everyone else's do. on the "other" Canadian Forum; I was not alone in my experience.

    Had I tried their factory loads, and they worked, and I had reloaded for the first time with their bullets and had bad results; I would suspect it was me. Having reloaded since about 1975, and reloaded a lot of calibers (pistol and rifle) with a lot of different components and with good to great to excellent results; never as uniformly s****y as their components.
    I don't... I just find it funny that someone that posts in every X metal thread he can find, PM every person that posts about them. About your negative experiences, That they are shitty, that your done with them, that you don't recommend them, that you shipped what you had left, to get rid of them.. That you been reloading since 1975.... If you don't flare enough, you shave the bullets. Make false claims that the coating jammed your gun. Has nothing to do with the coating.

    FYI its YOUR reloads.. Not theirs.. You are only using their bullets, But you are the one that are reloading.

    And then say I heard their factory ammo is good and I like to try.. Its still x metal.. Its the same bullets, Its still the company that you like to slam a lot.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I don't... I just find it funny that someone that posts in every X metal thread he can find, PM every person that posts about them. About your negative experiences, That they are shitty, that your done with them, that you don't recommend them, that you shipped what you had left, to get rid of them.. That you been reloading since 1975.... If you don't flare enough, you shave the bullets. Make false claims that the coating jammed your gun. Has nothing to do with the coating.

    FYI its YOUR reloads.. Not theirs.. You are only using their bullets, But you are the one that are reloading.

    And then say I heard their factory ammo is good and I like to try.. Its still x metal.. Its the same bullets, Its still the company that you like to slam a lot.
    Like a liberal, you make stuff up as you go. The experiences of other have no base in truth, only RobertMcC's experience and opinion and is valid; and everyone must bend to your will.

    Funny thing is; the dealer where I bought both boxes of my X-Metal projectiles as stopped carrying them. Seems that they did not share your enthusiasm either.

  7. #17
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Like a liberal, you make stuff up as you go. The experiences of other have no base in truth, only RobertMcC's experience and opinion and is valid; and everyone must bend to your will.

    Funny thing is; the dealer where I bought both boxes of my X-Metal projectiles as stopped carrying them. Seems that they did not share your enthusiasm either.
    And calling me a liberal because I pointed out what you said. You shit on them. Then you say you like to try their factory. And heard they were good. You just prove that you have no idea what your talking about.

    I'm not making shit up. Everything is what you posted.

    Calling them their reloads. Yet it's your hands that reloads them.

    But hey call me a liberal. Because I'm right, your wrong.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

  8. #18
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    4,962
    Mark, What did Eminem say to someone that sent him a diss.

    Wait, you just dissed me? I'm perplexed
    Insult me in a line, compliment me on the next, damn
    That's you Mark, flip flopping all over the place. By saying this...
    I have heard that their factory loads are great; I would try a box or two,
    After a long winded posts against them. It makes your experience just complaining for the sake of complaining. And make people go... HUH... I thought he hated them?

    Just stop using them.. Save others reading and going on this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Im no engineer, but I know without enough flare, you shave bullets. But hey someone reloading since 1975 should know that.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •