Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    She has to be aware that running for MP means, while she free to fight for others, she can't mention her own case or doing anything about it as an MP or she'll be in violation of the personal conflict rules. She can use the "power" and connections of her office to help others, but she can in no way do anything to benefit herself.

Too bad the article doesn't name the replacement CO who reversed the approval, he sounds like a complete runny shit and everyone around him should know it.
    Remember: the opposite of "Far Right" is Far Wrong.

Future CDS under the liberals?

I think that the government needs to accept 100% responsibility for Class "C"/Regular Forces CAF members. This means CAF hospitals, etc. We have a half-ass system at present, and we could learn from the US. In this way we need to create a parallel "civilization" with better on base housing, the CANEX needs to stop gouging, etc. When folks retire, they continue to use the CAF healthcare system, etc. It's part of a larger, more holistic way of looking after the military, instead of this patchwork of shared responsibilities with the provinces, etc.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By shootemup604

Suputin (05-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by shootemup604 View Post
    I think that the government needs to accept 100% responsibility for Class "C"/Regular Forces CAF members. This means CAF hospitals, etc. We have a half-ass system at present, and we could learn from the US. In this way we need to create a parallel "civilization" with better on base housing, the CANEX needs to stop gouging, etc. When folks retire, they continue to use the CAF healthcare system, etc. It's part of a larger, more holistic way of looking after the military, instead of this patchwork of shared responsibilities with the provinces, etc.
    lol we had that and gave it away ...Ö.the Canadian people were ok with that

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    It's very unpopular to say anything against someone who has been in the military, but the courts found the "family care plan" argument to be too weak to blame it on the CAF, and I agree with them.

I know this makes me seem like a jerk, but I do not think the taxpayers should be on the hook to pay for someone who got into an accident on their way to work. If it were on base property and it was because of road conditions on the base or a tank ran her off the road then it's an entirely different argument, but she was on the 401 and the taxpayer should not have to cover it.
    That's one way to look at it. The other is, what if she said to the employer, there is freezing rain on the road and I need to get the kids to the alternate care giver - this will have to wait for the roads to be safe. What would Chrysler do in that situation? What would the CAF do in that situation? If the penalty for not showing up from CAF is less forgiving and flexible than in the civilian world case, they should have to bear some of the hardship, not shed it off to the employee.

But it's not less forgiving and flexible. It is quite forgiving and flexible no different than any other employer. The military when not deployed or on exercise is a monday to friday 8 to 4 type job in many respects.
    Dictionary of the future:
    Global Warming was a popular computer simulation game,
    where the only way to win was not to play.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemup604 View Post
    I think that the government needs to accept 100% responsibility for Class "C"/Regular Forces CAF members.
    that ain't gonna happen
    This means CAF hospitals, etc. We have a half-ass system at present, and we could learn from the US.
    we had a reasonably good system til Trudeau 1 Mulroney and Chretien struck ! National defence medical center was quite a hospital at one time , teaching , research , the military did its own autopsies ……….it was sucked dry of funding and money dumped into Montfort hospital where chretien's wife sat on the board .

In this way we need to create a parallel "civilization" with better on base housing, the CANEX needs to stop gouging, etc. When folks retire, they continue to use the CAF healthcare system, etc. It's part of a larger, more holistic way of looking after the military, instead of this patchwork of shared responsibilities with the provinces, etc.
    although I agree with you we can't even get new jets and ships ! While we change uniforms every few years , generals and soldiers bought off with beads and baubles

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    I could give a rats arse if she was on duty or not. PAY FOR HER PROSTHETIC FFS!
    Have you sent her a donation?

Reaching into your pocket, not the pockets of others, is the appropriate way to help another.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    I donít know the woman or know anything about her beyond what I read in the papers, but Iím willing to bet we could do a lot worse than her as an MP.
    Judging by the fact that she returned to Afghanistan to serve in whatever capacity she could, after losing her leg, speaks volumes.
    I would argue that she's better than most MPs serving in Ontario right now.
    I'm here because all the smart people keep getting banned on the other site.

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Donny Fenn

Billythreefeathers (05-04-2019), shortandlong (05-04-2019), Swingerguy (05-05-2019)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234