Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    Funny how the article failed to mention his architecture in Afghanistan.
    That would be Harjit Singh Sajjan, Canada's Defence Minister.

Andrew Leslie would be this guy, who did go to Afghanistan, and was somewhat the architect of "2011 Report on Transformation"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Leslie_(general)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    That would be Harjit Singh Sajjan, Canada's Defence Minister.

Andrew Leslie would be this guy, who did go to Afghanistan, and was somewhat the architect of "2011 Report on Transformation"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Leslie_(general)

Yeah I know, I was just making a weak joke on account of Leslie and Sajjan both being a liberal and from the military. I guess it wasn't funny or that clever.

Thanks.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    Yeah I know, I was just making a weak joke on account of Leslie and Sajjan both being a liberal and from the military.
    I had thought that might be what you were going for, but I was confused.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Swingerguy (05-05-2019)

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...ertake-lavscam

FUREY: Brace yourselves — the Mark Norman trial is about to overtake Lavscam

When Liberal MP Andrew Leslie announced on Wednesday that he wasn’t running for re-election, there was considerable speculation about his motivations.

Was the retired lieutenant-general leaving politics after only one term because he no longer cared for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s agenda?

Or was the man, previously touted as a star candidate, frustrated to have been left out of cabinet while those with fewer accomplishments under their belts leapfrogged over him?

Or, maybe, the 61-year-old who represents a riding in the east of Ottawa is in fact leaving because of news that just broke concerning a far more scandalous matter.

On Friday, CTV News reported that Leslie is on the witness list to testify in the Vice-Admiral Mark Norman case and that he will be testifying in Norman’s defence and therefore against the government.

Norman is defending himself against one criminal charge of breach of trust, alleging that he illegally leaked cabinet confidence news of a shipbuilding contract to the media.

Not only is Norman vigorously denying this, but the case is believed to be the first time someone in Canada has ever been criminally charged for a leak.

Since there are leaks all the time in Ottawa, the notion that a decorated and respected former head of the Navy and vice-chief of the defence staff would be the first to be charged with something that (even if true) is so minor in the grand scheme of things has infuriated military and veterans circles.

To add insult to injury, the government is refusing to shoulder the costs of Norman’s defence, as is sometimes done in cases like this. Because of this, Norman has had to remortgage his family’s home to pay his mounting legal bills.

An online GoFundMe account though has already raised over $360,000 for Norman. It’s believed to be the largest such defence fund of its kind and saw a spike in activity on Friday following the news about Leslie’s plan to testify.

That a Liberal caucus member is planning to take the stand against his own government in support of Norman will serve a lot to rally public opinion to Norman’s side.

He’s not the only retired senior military figure speaking out. “Mark Norman is a personal hero of mine,” Gen. Rick Hillier said in March at the Manning Conference. “I would stand by him anytime.”

A source familiar with the case told the Sun that Leslie notified the Prime Minister’s Office about his decision to testify many months ago. Leslie perhaps figured that this would make it almost impossible to advance in cabinet even if he was re-elected in October and even if the Liberals continue to hold government.

The Norman trial has the potential to be even worse than Lavscam. First, there’s the timing of it. While no dates are yet set — the case is currently in pre-trial — it’s believed it will unfold in August, during the lead-up to the election.

But more importantly, there is what’s at stake. The allegation behind Lavscam was that the Prime Minister and those around him attempted to interfere with the justice system to prevent a corporation from having to face criminal prosecution.

That is certainly not good. But this is different. It’s worse.

Norman’s defence team, headed up by Marie Henein, is now arguing that the charge against Norman was politically motivated because of how the leak caused trouble for the PM.

Think about what that claim actually says: The PMO worked behind the scenes to put the head of the Navy behind bars because he inconvenienced Trudeau.

Brace yourselves for a case that’s just getting started.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

Billythreefeathers (05-04-2019)

GoFundMe
    https://ca.gofundme.com/51lc5d4

Jason Kenney among donors as GoFundMe legal defence fund for Vice-Adm. Mark Norman
    April 13, 2018
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4142721/m...avie-shipyard/

The Man Behind the GoFundMe Campaign for Vice-Admiral Mark Norman
    Mar 28, 2019
    https://omny.fm/shows/on-point-with-...vice-admiral-m

Conrad Black: Help Vice-Admiral Norman get the fair trial he deserves
    November 23, 2018
    https://nationalpost.com/opinion/con...al-he-deserves

Just donated good to see the fund growing. $390,959.00 as of one minute ago.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Lee Enfield

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    money talks,,, Justin walks

never really like Leslie a whole bunch,,, but through all of this though he must be biting his tongue

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

Lee Enfield (05-04-2019)

Just after this story broke, there was an anonymous $5,000 donation to Norman's defense fund.

General Leslie perhaps?
    Justin 2015

Justout 2019

13. The Following User Liked This Post By soulchaser

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    things about to get way more interesting then Duffy ever could have imagined

15. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

killer kane (05-06-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12