‘Cecil effect’: Zimbabwe park may kill 200 lions as discouraged hunters result in over-population

The lion killed by an American dentist and sparked worldwide outrage has resulted in fewer hunters and the lion population going unchecked and the lions destroying the populations of every other animal around. The park rangers are now forced to destroy up to 200 lions to protect the rest of the game reserves animals.

https://www.rt.com/news/333410-lions...s-africa-kill/

Edit: Yes this is an old article, but news of the required cull was news to me and I thought it would be to others as well.
    Last edited by KleeR; 05-04-2019 at 08:59 AM.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By KleeR

P-B. (05-16-2019)

From 2016.

Anyhow... gotta left leftists. They scare away the hunters, so the lion population explodes, while the money needed to protect the wild life in the area drys up. So no money to care for the animals, AND the conversation officers have to kill a whole pile of animals anyways!

I didn't see any updates on this article, saying if the cull happened or not.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

4. The Following User Liked This Post By joe6167

stewbud (05-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    From 2016.

Anyhow... gotta left leftists. They scare away the hunters, so the lion population explodes, while the money needed to protect the wild life in the area drys up. So no money to care for the animals, AND the conversation officers have to kill a whole pile of animals anyways!

I didn't see any updates on this article, saying if the cull happened or not.
    Same thing with seals. Now the Coast Guard have to sometimes just drive through herds of them getting from A to B. Just a bloody mess, and it’s impact on the the rest of the environment is ignored.

Something tells me it was a marketing stunt. There's no news about it since 2016. But it's also likely that nobody gives a shyte. If they were gay Muslim lions being threatened by climate change, perhaps someone could apologize and send a $50M cheque attached to an autographed selfie, and then tweet about it to a celebrity.
    Last edited by awndray; 05-04-2019 at 07:08 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By awndray

joe6167 (05-04-2019), linung (05-04-2019)

I would go and shoot a lion.

but when I look into it, I found that the "government" down there wants a trophy fee north of 20k for it. That is just way too much. If it was something reasonable like a few hundred, I would have gone.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Watched a documentary on elephants some years ago.

Toward the end, after comparing the experiences of two nations, one of which encouraged hunting and used culls as necessary, while the other banned hunting and the closest thing to a cull was some poaching, they interviewed a lady with a PHD in biology.

Her contribution, “I would rather see every elephant disappear from the face of the earth, than to see one elephant shot.”

I almost puked!
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

joe6167 (05-04-2019), Mobusten (05-13-2019), P-B. (05-16-2019)