Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

looking for crank for Barnett Wildcat C5

I'm not certain, but I think the model number is 17450. Looking to add one to my C5 due to injured left hand that precludes use of the manual cocking rope.

Have a look here. The Wildcat series is mentioned. Friggin' things aren't cheap.
    https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=barnett+cr...l_6wpi9je5t3_b

Yeah I looked at various retail sources, even Ebay and Kijiji and won't likely pay anywhere near that much. I made a cocking device for last fall that allowed me to use my body weight to cock the crossbow but if I can pick up the proper crank system cheap enough I'd prefer to go that route since it wouldn't be as cumbersome.

Hi. Heavy draw weight Medieval crossbows were sometimes cocked by means of a hunk of rope tied to one's belt and a hook.
    Mind you, the crank thingy's are less expensive Stateside. Might be an idea to rummage around U.S. archery sites(Barnett's showed the things are out of stock. Probably extra due to the name.). Don't think there are any border issues for archery kit. Bought a trigger thingy in Cabela's years ago for $35US that was nearly $100 here.

Pricey even in USA. I guess I should have put this in the Marketplace forum since I intended it as an EE post.

Your hand bad enough you might not be able to use a crank too?
    And yeah. $125US is pricey. Almost as bad as $20US or more for a hunk of nylon rope. Mind you, Excalibur's C2 Crank runs $200Cdn in Cabela's Canada.

I'd crank with the right hand.

Can you not pull the high priced rope right handed?
    I wonder if you could adapt a cargo tie down ratchet. They start at $10 in Princess Auto.

150 lb is a bit much one-handed, I'm not Arnie.

I tried a deer drag rope that has a shoulder strap so I could use back & leg muscles to pull the string back but figured my homemade device using body weight would be easier on my old back.

"...easier on my old back..." The last thing you want to do is damage your back. Once it's buggered it stays buggered. Mine hurts when I roll over in bed. It shouldn't be possible to hurt yourself lying down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast