Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Biden Parody Site Outranks Official site on Google

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/03/joe-...on-google.html

A parody website with embarrassing photos of Joe Biden is outranking his official campaign page on Google
    Published Fri, May 3 2019 5:50 PM EDTUpdated Fri, May 3 2019 6:59 PM EDT

Key Points

Users are reporting that the former vice president’s official 2020 campaign page is nowhere to be found on the first page of results for the search term “Joe Biden.”

Even worse for the Democratic front-runner: A realistic-looking parody site featuring images of Biden touching women and children appears to be doing quite well on Google and other major search engines, particularly for the search “Joe Biden website.”

Joe Biden’s presidential campaign is already sunk — at least on Google.

Users are reporting that the former vice president’s official 2020 campaign page is nowhere to be found on the first page of results for the search term “Joe Biden.”

Even worse for the Democratic front-runner: A realistic-looking parody site featuring images of Biden touching women and children appears to be doing quite well on Google and other major search engines, particularly for the search “Joe Biden website.”

“Joe Biden has a good feel for the American people and knows exactly what they really want deep down,” reads JoeBiden.info, the parody site. “He’s happy to open up and reveal himself to voters and will give a pounding to anybody who gets in his way!”

Read more: Joe Biden’s campaign taps data analytics company backed by former Google chairman Eric Schmidt

Biden has been under scrutiny after a number of women made allegations that he touched them in ways that made them feel uncomfortable. After those allegations surfaced, Biden pledged to be more respectful.

Biden’s campaign did not respond to a request for comment for this article.

The internet snafu suggests the Biden campaign is having early difficulty with its digital operation. That could pose trouble for the 76-year-old as he competes in a field that has already proven to be savvy with new tools for online outreach and fundraising.

The problem has also emerged despite the Biden campaign’s prolific spending on Google.

An online tracker maintained by the progressive digital advertising firm ACRONYM shows the Biden campaign has spent more than $360,000 on Google platforms, racking up more spending on the site than all the other candidates in the crowded field except Sen. Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana.

While his official campaign page is absent, Google does prominently display an official Biden advertisement for Biden-related searches.

Meanwhile, JoeBiden.org links to a White House page titled “Trump Administration Accomplishments.”

The person who created the JoeBiden.info parody site is not named, and a disclaimer claims it is not funded “by any candidate, committee, organization, or PAC.”

In response to an inquiry from CNBC submitted through the parody website’s contact form, the person behind it wrote that they identify as “closest to a libertarian.” The person said they are an American citizen and that they have not been contacted by any candidate or organization about the website.

“I would assume Biden’s campaign knows about it though by now,” the person wrote. “I get thousands of Biden supporters coming to the site every day who fail to realize that it is a parody — asking for volunteer information, donation information, suggestions on how to handle the [Anita Hill] situation, or criticizing his use of ‘All men are created equal’ — no joke. ”

The person posted screenshots to a popular pro-Donald Trump Reddit thread last month purporting to be from Biden supporters.

“I created the site before he launched his campaign and the site garnered a fair amount of traffic from Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit — especially on April Fool’s day,” the person said. “I think these factors combined with good [search engine optimization] practices resulted in it ranking very well on Google and Bing.”

The person wrote that they haven’t paid to advertise the site, and that the only money contributed to the effort was a small amount spent purchasing the domain. The person also has parody domains related to Sens. Sanders, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren and Cory Booker, the person said. But, they noted, the Biden parody has been the “most viral.”

It’s unclear when the parody page began outranking the official site in search results, though users on Twitter reported the issue late last month.

“The surprise here is not that someone is trolling Biden, but that his official site is nowhere to be seen on the first page of results for prominent ‘Biden 2020’ search phrases, and that a derogatory parody page shows up at the top,” journalist Jonathan Walczak wrote in an April 25 tweet.

Walczak wrote that the parody page was the top result for the searches “Biden 2020 website” on Google and for “Biden 2020″ on Bing. “Biden 2020” and “Biden 2020 website” did not surface the real page on Google at the time, he wrote.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

Doug_M (05-06-2019)

Pedo Joe for President!

2020 will be a terrible year for TV watching I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Jesus Christ, those clips are brutal!

I had seen a couple before with him giving the odd peck on the cheek, or holding shoulders, but I had always passed it off as him just being from a different time.

I was born in 1977, and growing up in the 1980s is was still common to be kissed on the lips by family or close friends as a greeting, but that's coming up on 40 years ago.

When I heard about the Biden stuff, I thought it was innocent stuff, but those clips on that spoof website are borderline horrific.

Again, when I was a kid in the 1980s everyone would laugh when I'd wipe a kiss off my mouth, but holy cow, if you're still doing that in the past few years and not noticing that it is making everyone else squirm away in disgust, you really are too out of touch.
    Don’t order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

joe6167 (05-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPost View Post
    Joe Biden has a good feel for the American people
    If that's the spokesman, that's why he's going to lose right there.

Uncle Joe is ready to get a good feel of anyone who he approaches!

So watch out, when he he comes around, you have been warned!
    I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

The good stuff starts at 1:35. "Out of Control Joe Biden"

Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

10. The Following User Liked This Post By joe6167

M1917 Enfield (05-06-2019)

More video here:

I showed this to a friend of mine who has 3 daughters (I have no kids of my own). I wanted his opinion, as I had already decided that these are more than "inappropriate", I think they are molestation.

My friend (with 3 daughters) at first said they looked "innocent" to him, but then he said they were "inappropriate". I told him to show the video to his 3 daughters (16, 18 and 20 years old), but he refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Jesus Christ, those clips are brutal!

I had seen a couple before with him giving the odd peck on the cheek, or holding shoulders, but I had always passed it off as him just being from a different time.

I was born in 1977, and growing up in the 1980s is was still common to be kissed on the lips by family or close friends as a greeting, but that's coming up on 40 years ago.

When I heard about the Biden stuff, I thought it was innocent stuff, but those clips on that spoof website are borderline horrific.

Again, when I was a kid in the 1980s everyone would laugh when I'd wipe a kiss off my mouth, but holy cow, if you're still doing that in the past few years and not noticing that it is making everyone else squirm away in disgust, you really are too out of touch.
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver
    ** Member CSSA, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Oh man, they sell T-shirts....

6931CD37-F6B1-480E-AF55-BC8D3DD9ADD3.jpg
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    If that's the spokesman, that's why he's going to lose right there.
    Might be better to go with "We're behind Joe". Being in front doesn't seem to work out so well.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

14. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

Carguy2550 (05-06-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast