Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Ooooh, conveyor belt material, nice.

Are you able to post a pic? Is it flat or grooved? How thick?

I’m seriously considering looking into this as a side business.

If nothing else, for the home business write offs.
    Maybe in a few days. With the basement renovations going on, I cant get anywhere near it. Everything is piled in there right now. It's just looks like a black rubber mat. Very durable stuff, wont scratch up your guns, protects your bench top, and nothing I've dripped or dropped on it has ever dont the slightest bit of damage to it.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Buy yourself a Yoga pad. Which is the same thing as one of those blue foam back packing/camping mats that used to be $10 in Wally World. Try Princess Auto for the same thing.
    Or go buy your own towel. snicker. A hunk of scrounged carpet works well too. People are forever doing reno's and leaving their old carpets on the side of the road. If you work or know somebody who works in an office building, the maintenance guy is worth getting to know. Same thing. Carpeting is always being pitched.
    Plan 'B' would be a hunk of indoor/outdoor carpet. Probably a 'purchase' item due to offices not using it much, but it's not horribly expensive or hard to find. Wally World will sell you a polyester carpet for $4.88.
    Last edited by Justice; 05-09-2019 at 11:40 AM.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Justice

Petamocto (05-08-2019)

It may not be what you are looking for but I have used a Real Avid Universal Smart Mat for a few years. It works well for me. It is 43 x 16".

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy01 View Post
    It may not be what you are looking for but I have used a Real Avid Universal Smart Mat for a few years. It works well for me. It is 43 x 16".
    Does yours have the magnetic parts holder as part of it? If so, have you found any small metal gun parts that have been kept in it have become magnetized and then attract dust? Or is this a non-issue?
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

That AR one is nice, but it’d be $50 after tax and shipping.

Good idea with the yoga mat, too, I’ll check the local buy and sells and Kijiji.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

If you are going to buy a 'foam' pad make sure it is a closed-cell foam and not an open-cell foam.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    Does yours have the magnetic parts holder as part of it? If so, have you found any small metal gun parts that have been kept in it have become magnetized and then attract dust? Or is this a non-issue?
    It does have the magnetic plastic tray. Only the one small space at the one end is magnetized. I do not use the magnetized spot as much as the other parts of the tray that does not have the magnets.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By cowboy01

Swingerguy (05-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post
    If you are going to buy a 'foam' pad make sure it is a closed-cell foam and not an open-cell foam.
    WHATCHU-TALKIN-BOUT-jil5u7.jpg

I have no idea what the difference is between closed cell yoga mat foam and open cell yoga mat foam.

Is closed cell going to feel more like neoprene?
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    WHATCHU-TALKIN-BOUT-jil5u7.jpg

I have no idea what the difference is between closed cell yoga mat foam and open cell yoga mat foam.

Is closed cell going to feel more like neoprene?
    Open cell is a bit sponge like. Oil/water are likely to go through it or into it, albeit slowly. You couldn't wipe it off, it would have to be disposed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    Dog training pads.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/pets/dogs/...ing-pads/N-615

Cheap, big, and if they keep dog pee from soaking through, Hoppes shouldn't be a problem.
    This is what I use. Just lay it over my regular pad that I take shooting or an old towel. Soaks up the Hoppe's without letting it leak through.
    Adulting is hard. Just let me read books, drink tea, and learn to shoot.
    Starting off right: 1st gun - Ruger Mark III, 2nd gun - CZ SP01 Shadow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast