Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Like C71 bill from the start is what going forward. Not the change to add a handgun ban and such?
    There was no change to add a handgun ban. The changes at committee were all positive. However a handgun ban can be added at third reading this afternoon anyway. Though I do not expect that to happen (or at least be voted down). The government wants to keep that in their pocket for the 2019 election campaign and so the "independent" senators have been told by Blair and Goodale not to pursue it.
    Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times [#uc# you CCP!]

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Doug_M

Gunexpert007 (05-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    The greatest disservice Harper did to this country was to not fill the senate with Conservative candidates, thereby allowing the opportunity for Selfie Sock Puppet to fill the seats with Liberals. Harper should have abolished the Senate or filled it. My two cents ...
    Harper wanted to get rid of , or reform , the Senate ; but was unable to do so . At that point , Harper should have appointed Conservative Senators as a large number of Senate seats were vacant . Instead , Harper got into a little tizzy mode , refused to appoint new Senators leaving the Liberals to appoint new Senators when Trudeau came to power . Now Canadians are the paying the price for Harper's little hissy fit .
    " Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm. " .... " And I looked , and behold a pale horse ; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."...." Where we go one , we go all "....

4. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Gunexpert007

Billythreefeathers (05-08-2019), manic29 (05-14-2019), Relic49 (05-08-2019), Zinilin (05-08-2019)

Harper on the Senate: "regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention..."

Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times [#uc# you CCP!]

Quote Originally Posted by Gunexpert007 View Post
    ...Instead , Harper got into a little tizzy mode , refused to appoint new Senators leaving the Liberals to appoint new Senators when Trudeau came to power . Now Canadians are the paying the price for Harper's little hissy fit .
    I don't think it's fair to fault Harper on this one, he actually did the right think (morally) by not filling the seats.

Trudeau choosing to fill them all is of course a sh!tty outcome of that, but it doesn't mean Harper didn't have the moral high ground.

I get that the end results will haunt us for a while (and the taxpayers will be on the hook for billions), but I'd rather be on the correct side of moral decisions.

I understand that at some point you almost have to play dirty if your opponent is playing dirty, but hopefully changes can still be made in the future.

If we can't abolish the Senate, hopefully we can hack and slash the numbers down to something like 37 (one for every million Canadians by region) so it can still perform the same function with less clutter.
    I have no signature block.

Where is the moral high ground in being stuck for paying $billions and losing every senatorial battle?

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Waterloomike

firemachine69 (05-08-2019), Gunexpert007 (05-08-2019), manic29 (05-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    Where is the moral high ground in being stuck for paying $billions and losing every senatorial battle?
    He still made the right decision, and the right people know that.

If I didn't cheat on a test and got 90%, and someone else cheated and got 100% and got a prize for it, I (and likely others) would know where the two parties' morals are.

As I said, I agree that it led to a bad outcome, but so does not torturing people, but it's still better not to torture.
    I have no signature block.

That doesn't tell us where the moral high ground is on pissing away billions of dollars and leaving the senate ripe for a party that is really just elected organized crime.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

11. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Waterloomike

chuckbuster (05-09-2019), Gunexpert007 (05-08-2019), manic29 (05-14-2019), Rory McCanuck (05-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    He still made the right decision, and the right people know that.

If I didn't cheat on a test and got 90%, and someone else cheated and got 100% and got a prize for it, I (and likely others) would know where the two parties' morals are.

As I said, I agree that it led to a bad outcome, but so does not torturing people, but it's still better not to torture.
    This is a ridiculous statement, or maybe just a poor analogy.

Filling seats is playing by the rules. Abolishing the Senate is changing the rules. Until you can accomplish the latter, you do the former.

Throwing the game by refusing to play because you don't like the rules, is stupid and amorally narcissistic. Harper wears this one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Likeaboss

manic29 (05-14-2019)

Harper may have have been up to his ears in good intentions but the path to hell is paved with good intentions so this one is on him. He wasn't perfect by a country mile but compared to most of what came before and everything that came after, he was and is a great one!
    Remember May 1, 2020 when they say: "we don't want your guns."
    The Turd Reich, where the law abiding get moistly shafted!

15. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Magi

awndray (05-08-2019), Billythreefeathers (05-08-2019), chuckbuster (05-09-2019), manic29 (05-14-2019), Waterloomike (05-08-2019)

fck harper. and fck trudeau.
    if someone drives by and you're in your underwear, beating a porcupine to death and laughing hysterically, it might be bad for business.

17. The Following User Liked This Post By Turtlehead

manic29 (05-14-2019)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast