Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
    my wife's has had her RPAL just a little over a year now, but she still did not have anything registered under her name. One of the those things we just kept putting off.

This whole 'ban' rumor situation just forced us to 'fix' it.

2. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By SFscratch

Gunexpert007 (06-11-2019), IJ22 (06-11-2019), Lee Enfield (06-11-2019), Rory McCanuck (06-11-2019), Stew (06-11-2019)

So has the central storage threat blown over, or are they gonna spring that one on us?

4. The Following User Liked This Post By IJ22

Rory McCanuck (06-11-2019)

An announcement by Trudeau of a gun ban at a women's conference seemed like a very likely possibility to me. I would not be surprised if the plan was changed after the statement by Clement. Adearn is very much favoured and admired by Turdoo, and i bet he would love to bestow the gift of stolen firearms to her.
    turd jacinda condolence.png
    turd jacinda_ april.png

"What is the Trudeau government waiting for? Are six dead, five injured and 25 traumatized witnesses, including children, in less than two minutes with a legally acquired weapon, not enough reason to act? How many more summits, consultations and internal debates does this government need in order to take action regarding weapons of war available to ordinary Canadians?

By Nathalie ProvostOpinion
    Boufeldja Benabdallah
    Heidi Rathjen
    Tues., March 26, 2019

The government also is aware of the growing phenomenon of militia-type organizations in Canada that use legal assault-type weapons to carry out military exercises in order to prepare for some delusional “war” against their perceived enemies. This should be a national emergency. Yet all Canadians have gotten so far are delays, excuses and diversions."
    https://www.thestar.com/opinion/cont...n-control.html

Trudeau’s office says he offered Canada’s support and the leaders agreed to stay in touch and “work together on their shared priority of ensuring safe, secure and open societies.”

The Prime Minister is set to visit an Ottawa-area mosque Sunday in the wake of the attacks.
    https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/03...acinda-ardern/
    "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

Trudeau Out Now!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

joe6167 (06-12-2019), killer kane (06-12-2019)

So I take it nata-lie isn't a big fan of the shooting sports then.
    Green is the new Red

are there any weapons of peace? just asking

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    Are there any weapons of peace? just asking
    That's why I hate the use of the term "weapon" when describing a gun/firearm, and I have to beat it out of my peers in the Army when talking about owning firearms in a civilian context.

It's fine to call them weapons in a military context, because the intent of that system is to do harm (kill enemy, etc).

But I do not own guns with the intent of doing anyone harm, so they are not weapons.

If you beat someone to death with a stapler or motorcycle helmet, you have used a weapon (by definition) even though those items were designed for a different purpose.

If I'm going to the range, I'm not transporting weapons, I'm transporting guns that will punch holes in paper and go "gong" on steel.
    Dont order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    That's why I hate the use of the term "weapon" when describing a gun/firearm, and I have to beat it out of my peers in the Army when talking about owning firearms in a civilian context.

It's fine to call them weapons in a military context, because the intent of that system is to do harm (kill enemy, etc).

But I do not own guns with the intent of doing anyone harm, so they are not weapons.

If you beat someone to death with a stapler or motorcycle helmet, you have used a weapon (by definition) even though those items were designed for a different purpose.

If I'm going to the range, I'm not transporting weapons, I'm transporting guns that will punch holes in paper and go "gong" on steel.
    Denying that firearms are weapons is dishonest. There is no reason a citizen in good standing should be prohibited from acquiring and possessing weapons of war.

Civilized persons can enjoy responsibily the sporting aspect of weapons, but that doesn't change the fact the design purpose is a weapon. We have to stop hiding behind sport shooting and focus on the fact a true liberal democracy can only exist with law abiding citizens having access to weapons of war.

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By NavyCuda

CLW .45 (06-13-2019), killer kane (06-13-2019)

The government also is aware of the growing phenomenon of militia-type organizations in Canada that use legal assault-type weapons to carry out military exercises in order to prepare for some delusional “war” against their perceived enemies. This should be a national emergency. Yet all Canadians have gotten so far are delays, excuses and diversions."
    https://www.thestar.com/opinion/cont...n-control.html
    Quite the irony here
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    So has the central storage threat blown over, or are they gonna spring that one on us?
    Nothing has “blown over.”

The gungrabbers intend to either take all of your firearms, or make you a criminal.

We will either stop looking for a nice government to fix the law, or they will succeed.

Nothing is accomplished by waiting for a government that supports us to fix the law.

We must push those who don’t want to fix the law.

And I do mean fix it.

Repeal and declare preemption so that no lower level can stick it to us.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnt hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    are there any weapons of peace? just asking
    Some believe that the framers of the American constitution felt that arms held by the citizenry constituted “weapons of peace” inasmuch as they would discourage government from getting out of hand.

More likely, they knew that a time would come when those weapons of war would be used to correct the course taken by a rogue government.

Experience is a harsh instructor.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnt hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

15. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

joe6167 (06-14-2019)