Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    WTF do you think Army weapons are supposed to be for?
    Per US mindset:

The Marines are good at taking something, the Army is good at guarding something...

Why do people have such a hard time with the word weapon? Of course guns are weapons. They're also tools. And toys too. You people sound like a bunch of oversensitive social justice warriors. Wait, is warrior offensive too?

3. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By awndray

CLW .45 (06-14-2019), x0ra (06-14-2019), Zinilin (06-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Why do people have such a hard time with the word weapon? Of course guns are weapons. They're also tools. And toys too. You people sound like a bunch of oversensitive social justice warriors. Wait, is warrior offensive too?
    When I have been called down for using the word weapons, I was told because of how the usage appears to antis and how they will jump on it.

But I do agree with you.

If they control the language, they control the argument.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Waterloomike

awndray (06-14-2019), x0ra (06-14-2019)

Fair ball on both accounts, but I don't see it as a pussified use of the language. I'm certainly not offended in any way by the use of the word "weapon", I just know that in our laws as written, the term "weapon" is specifically linked with the intent to do harm.

A van driving supplies is not a weapon. A van driving into a crowd of people to kill them is a weapon.

A baseball bat hitting balls is not a weapon. A robber bringing a baseball bat into a convenience store to rob the register is using a weapon.

An alarm clock just keeps time, but if my wife uses it to bash my face in when I'm sleeping, the clock is a weapon.

A pocket knife used as a tool or a first aid device to cut a seatbelt in a burning car is helpful, the same knife to mug someone is a weapon.

That's my whole point about the use of the term "weapon" with my guns. I hunt with them, I sport shoot with them, and I would use them to defend my family if I had to.

But I'm hesitant to use the word "weapon", because I won't ever use them to inflict harm on innocent people.

Yes it is an entirely semantic argument and some people may not care, but the legal system cares and the legal system is very precise with some of its language.
    Dont order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

NoDanger (06-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    social justice warriors. Wait, is warrior offensive too?
    Warrior is fine.
    Some warriors are offensive, yet one can be proud to stand beside them.

And then there's this

(btw, googling for that last one turns up mostly a white supremacist punching a little woman SJW. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/an...tor-punch-m80/ )

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

CLW .45 (06-14-2019), Waterloomike (06-14-2019)

What the hell are you talking about? Of course weapons in the Army are to do harm. That’s their entire purpose, weapons in the military are meant to kill/destroy the enemy.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so confused by how wrong a statement was before. Every weapons class I’ve ever taken or given, not to mention fieldcraft and tactical classes, are entirely about intending to do harm with weapons.

WTF do you think Army weapons are supposed to be for?
    Only if the said army is initiating violence. In the hands of a UN peacekeeper, these weapons are no different than in the hands of Joe Blow conceal-carrying.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By x0ra

Lee Enfield (06-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    When I have been called down for using the word weapons, I was told because of how the usage appears to antis and how they will jump on it.

But I do agree with you.

If they control the language, they control the argument.
    EXACTLY ! As long as we bow to anti as to how we name stuff, THEY control the narrative. F*ck them. My guns are WEAPONS.

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By x0ra

CLW .45 (06-14-2019), Waterloomike (06-14-2019)

Fair ball on both accounts, but I don't see it as a pussified use of the language. I'm certainly not offended in any way by the use of the word "weapon", I just know that in our laws as written, the term "weapon" is specifically linked with the intent to do harm.

A van driving supplies is not a weapon. A van driving into a crowd of people to kill them is a weapon.

A baseball bat hitting balls is not a weapon. A robber bringing a baseball bat into a convenience store to rob the register is using a weapon.

An alarm clock just keeps time, but if my wife uses it to bash my face in when I'm sleeping, the clock is a weapon.

A pocket knife used as a tool or a first aid device to cut a seatbelt in a burning car is helpful, the same knife to mug someone is a weapon.

That's my whole point about the use of the term "weapon" with my guns. I hunt with them, I sport shoot with them, and I would use them to defend my family if I had to.

But I'm hesitant to use the word "weapon", because I won't ever use them to inflict harm on innocent people.

Yes it is an entirely semantic argument and some people may not care, but the legal system cares and the legal system is very precise with some of its language.
    I'm gonna reuse an anti argument, but the van primary purpose is to transport people. The primary purpose of a gun, what it was designed to, and what it does a hell of a good job at, after centuries of refinement, is to be a weapon, to harm, to kill.

The disagreement between anti and us, as I see it, is whether on not "civilians" should be allowed to own means to kill, and whether or not means of inflicting deadly force should be privatized to the Government only.

15. The Following User Liked This Post By x0ra

CLW .45 (06-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by x0ra View Post
    Only if the said army is initiating violence. In the hands of a UN peacekeeper, these weapons are no different than in the hands of Joe Blow conceal-carrying.
    No, then theyre called defensive weapons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Make the Afghanistan War Memorial publicly accessible https://afghanistanwarmemorial.ca/
    https://lavscam.info

17. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

awndray (06-14-2019), CLW .45 (06-14-2019), Gaidheal (06-14-2019), Rory McCanuck (06-15-2019)

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132