Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Vortex Sparc II is nice so is the Burris Fastfire 3.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Never buying another Vortex anything after how much I hated the 3x that wasn’t magnified.

I will check out the Burris.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

I'd recommend looking through an EoTech before you buy to see if your eye "likes" the reticle. I have the XPS2-2 and that reticle is awesome compared to a single red dot.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 10.24.37 PM.jpg
    University of Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Address - Admiral William H. McRaven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70

You shouldn't replace an ACOG on a upper mid-tier AR with something budget or low-mid priced. You will regret it and end up selling whatever you got, losing some bucks, and then getting an Eotech in the end. I'm not saying there is anything "wrong" with those other optics, but you don't put a $400 scope on a $3000 hunting rifle. It would leave you wanting. Why would you do the same with a DD?
    Make the Afghanistan War Memorial publicly accessible https://afghanistanwarmemorial.ca/
    Don't let the public forget about #LAVSCAM https://lavscam.info

If I didn't go for a 5x, an eotech was definitely going to be it for me too.
    I have an old bushnell model, really like it but I think the battery contacts are bad, so a new one would of worked great.
    The dot is about the size or slightly smaller than the head of the fig 11 @ 300yrds.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I don't think so (?)

My Burris TRS25 and Vortex Spitfires didn't seem to give me any trouble and I could always hit what I was aiming at.

Does EOTECH use a different type of dot that's more susceptible to being screwed up by eye problems?
    If your prescription has axis and cylinder numbers, you have astigmatism. Otherwise, yes the Holographic system lends itself to more perceived distortion due to astigmatism than normal red dots. I can't use the eotechs comfortably due to mine. YMMV.
    Remember High River!

Doug,

I totally agree with you that I don't want to put anything cheap on it, but I think the Burris Fastfire 3 seems to be a viable option.

I'll likely just go with irons anyway until I commit, which may very well be until EOTECHs go on sale.

All,

Thank you for the tips, and I will generally look at all options in the store before I blindly commit to buying something online.

The Fastfire 3 is a pistol sized dot. I have mine on a rifle and like it, but be aware that the window isn't EOTECH sized. I would like to try the Holosun HS510C. It gets good reviews, including the obligatory dumb internet reviews with being driven over by a truck, frozen in a block of ice etc. Battery life is something like 50,000 hours.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Petamocto (05-15-2019)

I have a FF3 on my FX9, works well
    ďA harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very dangerous man who has that under voluntary control.Ē
    -Jordan Peterson

11. The Following User Liked This Post By play.soccer

Petamocto (05-15-2019)

I know that you get what you pay for with glass, but to any of you think the extra money is worth it for the Magpul or KAC irons?

They’re $200-$400 depending on new/used, when you can get eBay irons for $25 shipped.

I’ve got a set of 45 degree cheap irons already and there’s nothing wrong with them.

If anyone has experience with the expensive irons, please let me know and I’ll maybe consider them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast