Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Filipino President Duterte Wants to Hand Out 42,000 Free Guns to Public to Battle Drugs and Crime

May 13 2019
    Philippines

Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte promised to fight drug dealers and corruption when he was voted in as president in June 2016.

The Philippines has been mired in drug use and political corruption for decades. Duterte vowed to battle the corruption.

This past week President Duterte announced he was considering handing out 42,000 free or subsidized guns to community leaders who vow to fight crime and drugs.

The New York Post reported on June 15 2018:

The Philippines has vowed to give free guns to members of the public — so long as they promise to use them to fight drugs and crime.

President Rodrigo Duterte said he’s considering arming 42,000 community leaders, known as barangay captains, after consulting with the police and intelligence agency.

Martin Dino, the interior department undersecretary responsible for barangays, said handguns would be provided for free, or private purchases subsidized, but only for those not involved in illegal drugs.

Dino said: “The condition is that the barangay captain should fight drugs and crime. If he is conniving with criminals, he could be the one shot.”

Duterte has repeatedly said thousands of community officials were involved in the trade, without elaborating.

But last week he vowed barangays will be provided with the same legal protection as soldiers or police and they “will never go to jail” if they shot suspected criminals in the performance of their duty.

hxxps://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/filipino-president-duterte-wants-to-hand-out-42000-free-guns-to-public-to-battle-drugs-and-crime/

2. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

awndray (05-15-2019), Bittereinder (05-15-2019), firemachine69 (05-15-2019), Rory McCanuck (05-15-2019), shortandlong (05-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    May 13 2019
    Philippines

Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte promised to fight drug dealers and corruption when he was voted in as president in June 2016.

The Philippines has been mired in drug use and political corruption for decades. Duterte vowed to battle the corruption.

This past week President Duterte announced he was considering handing out 42,000 free or subsidized guns to community leaders who vow to fight crime and drugs.

The New York Post reported on June 15 2018:

The Philippines has vowed to give free guns to members of the public — so long as they promise to use them to fight drugs and crime.

President Rodrigo Duterte said he’s considering arming 42,000 community leaders, known as barangay captains, after consulting with the police and intelligence agency.

Martin Dino, the interior department undersecretary responsible for barangays, said handguns would be provided for free, or private purchases subsidized, but only for those not involved in illegal drugs.

Dino said: “The condition is that the barangay captain should fight drugs and crime. If he is conniving with criminals, he could be the one shot.

Duterte has repeatedly said thousands of community officials were involved in the trade, without elaborating.

But last week he vowed barangays will be provided with the same legal protection as soldiers or police and they “will never go to jail” if they shot suspected criminals in the performance of their duty.

hxxps://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/filipino-president-duterte-wants-to-hand-out-42000-free-guns-to-public-to-battle-drugs-and-crime/
    Imagine if we had leaders like this in Canada!
    WARNING: story contains descriptions which may disturb some readers. If you need help, you can call the Canada Snowflake Prevention Service at 1-833-456-4566. The service is toll free from anywhere in Canada, operates in French and English, 24/7.

4. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By M1917 Enfield

firemachine69 (05-15-2019), Forbes/Hutton (05-15-2019), jwolfe (05-27-2019), killer kane (05-15-2019)

I'd take a free SAM 1911 in 9mm. Actually if I lived there, I'd probably already have several.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By LB303

TheHydrant (05-15-2019), TheMerlin (05-15-2019)

That's crazy, man.

Imagine how much society must have collapsed before you're forced to admit "Our police have proven to be incapable of handling this situation".

I'm not saying it's a bad option if they're really against the wall (desperate times call for desperate measures), but wow.

Keep in mind that this same guy threatened to go to war with us over a few dozen seacans of garbage, though, so he may not be the most reasonable leader in the world.

It's difficult to fathom how far gone the country must be to effectively institutionalize and subsidize vigilantism.
    Don’t order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

chrisc (05-16-2019)

He was able to get the Turd to look like a bigger fool and take back our garbage, does not tolerate criminals or drug dealers, has a decent and very large military prepared to defend their sovereignty, and our police can not even stop our gangs and drug dealers and their killings here so he is a far better leader for his people than our one!
    WARNING: story contains descriptions which may disturb some readers. If you need help, you can call the Canada Snowflake Prevention Service at 1-833-456-4566. The service is toll free from anywhere in Canada, operates in French and English, 24/7.

One country is aware that’s it’s a banana republic. The other is not. At the grassroots level, anyways. The leader of both know they’re both BRs.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I love that guy. It's so refreshing to see a politician who's no nonsense and actually has his people's best interest at heart. Our idiots are all about how to keep us subdued while figuring out new ways to tax us right to the edge of revolt.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

12. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

TheHydrant (05-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    That's crazy, man.

Imagine how much society must have collapsed before you're forced to admit "Our police have proven to be incapable of handling this situation".

I'm not saying it's a bad option if they're really against the wall (desperate times call for desperate measures), but wow.

Keep in mind that this same guy threatened to go to war with us over a few dozen seacans of garbage, though, so he may not be the most reasonable leader in the world.

It's difficult to fathom how far gone the country must be to effectively institutionalize and subsidize vigilantism.
    You just have to look at Brazil....i think they are changing the law to allow the citizens to have firearms...if not already done so.

This seems more like arming existing elected officials who have a public safety mandate rather than just giving out guns....but its still a strong move.

They have an inventory of M1’s they would be handing out
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast