Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TLDR what about urban crime?

I've been hounding my MP about self defense laws lately. Everytime a home invasion makes the news I send it off to him with a blurb about self defense.
    A harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very dangerous man who has that under voluntary control.
    -Jordan Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPost
    The Committee recognizes the feelings of helplessness of the witnesses, and their desire to take matters into their own hands.
    Citizens have the ability to arrest, at least in cases of ongoing indictable offences. This is in everyone's interest, because it is worse to let the criminal go, and it is more expensive to force police to investigate then pursue then arrest.

Citizens do not have the right of vengeance or punishment. This is in everyone's interest, because it is worse to start a family feud with each side taking vengeance for the vengeance of the other, over generations. Instead we let the state meet out vengeance & punishment, and let that be the end of it. Also a fast lynching tends to get a lot of innocents, whereas slow courts tend to do better.

I think the Liberals are mixing the two, projecting their fear of the second onto the first.

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    Sir Robert Peel's
    Principles of Law Enforcement
    7. The police at all times should maintain a relationship with the public that gives
    reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the
    police; the police are the only members of the public who are paid to give full-time
    attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the intent of the
    community welfare.
    That is real old school thought, plus you are going against the years of conditioning and programming they and politicians have put in place. Also now the police get very upset and testy if you try to do "their" job for them, after all your now a risk to their job security and fat salaries, benefits, pensions and moving in on their "authority" if it looks like or is seen that you can or others in the public can do "their" job faster or more efficiently than they can at a lot lower cost to the taxpayer.
    Orange man is bad, Lemon man is good, Sock man is Canada's saviour!

I guess I don't belong in this country anymore. I can't seem to find the one I used to know, have you seen it?
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

5. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By LB303

Aniest (05-25-2019), play.soccer (05-24-2019), Waterloomike (05-24-2019)

I guess I don't belong in this country anymore. I can't seem to find the one I used to know, have you seen it?
    Not in years.

Plus The Turd also feels that people like you who believe your Canadian because you and your previous generations have built or lived in this country don't respect or deserve this country as much as new or recent immigrants do because they actually want to be here, that must really piss off the FN Indians -

19554073_1414125612013546_2697644395907690035_n.jpg

Orange man is bad, Lemon man is good, Sock man is Canada's saviour!

^^^ more Deep Thoughts from the Stoner King.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

Comments intermixed: sorry for the blather of comments. As someone who has rural and urban property I am very concerned about these issues.

Main report (Liberal) recommendations

In conclusion, the Committee believes that effective crime reduction measures should have at least ... a justice system that inspires public confidence.
    Conservative recommendations

Ambiguity in the Criminal Code surrounding property rights and self-defence...

Testimony provided to the Committee noted that criminals preying on rural Canadians are coming primarily from urban areas.

Some rural victims, who took steps to defend themselves and their property, faced more serious police response and prosecutions than the criminals who attacked them. As noted in the Committee, numerous court decisions have called for Ottawa to clarify self-defence laws.
    The Conservatives at least have some of the points right. I see rights and laws for defense, property rights, anti-discrimination and so forth as a precedence affirming document for the courts. It is not what gives the rights, being humans among humanity does that, but only puts it into writing for the courts to use. The Conservatives have to get the laws, courts, judges, prosecutors and LEO to know, understand and apply that.

There was last February 2019, I believe, a garage that city police raided for stolen goods with a warrant (I got to see the five Econoline van loads with a cargo trailer): half the items were bicycles, baby strollers, lawnmowers, tools, BBQs and whatever else could be taken from garages and backyards in the city... the rest were Rural items the same. The people would steal something and wait up to 24-28 months to sell it again on kijiji, buy/sell, pawn shop and such. The officer I talked to said some items were stolen so far back it might take a full time clerk a month to find all the Edmonton reports... and several months to co-ordinate RCMP reports for rural areas. The rest would go to seizure sale after a set period.

The problem is most Liberal governments undermine and destroy that very thing. You can't punish the victim more than the criminal, you can't give someone who does heinous crimes double time served "credit" and then a pitiful sentence without counseling & training, you can't decide someone "won't do well in prison" and give then a suspended sentence and zero way to force them ro reform their criminal ways... and on, and on and on...

NDP recommendations
    I was told if you have valid points, even if they are unflattering, to speak the truth; but if you have nothing but insults, no matter have true they are, hold your tongue. I have nothing to say about the NDP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12