Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^I'm not so sure it's the scope anymore simply because nobody else who has looked through it sees any distortion at all.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    ^I'm not so sure it's the scope anymore simply because nobody else who has looked through it sees any distortion at all.
    go to ophthalmologist, nearly all eye problems can be solved

Perhaps there is something slightly "off" in the scope, maybe in or out of spec, that isn't noticeable by most people but for some reason it doesn't look right given your particular astigmatism?
    If God didn't want holsters to be leather, he wouldn't have made so many damn cows.

Here is a thought - does what you see change on whether or not you have prescription eyewear on? Maybe you’re not quite getting the correct correction?

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    go to ophthalmologist, nearly all eye problems can be solved
    Quote Originally Posted by Bittereinder View Post
    Perhaps there is something slightly "off" in the scope, maybe in or out of spec, that isn't noticeable by most people but for some reason it doesn't look right given your particular astigmatism?
    I'm thinking a visit to the optometrist is the first order of business to rule out any refractory errors with my eye. He would also be able to identify any pathology that would require a follow up visit with an ophthalmologist.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    Here is a thought - does what you see change on whether or not you have prescription eyewear on? Maybe you’re not quite getting the correct correction?
    I haven't thought of that...but then, I'm not sure if there is enough focus adjustment on the scope to accommodate for my terrible vision!

On a side note, while looking through it again tonight, I observed that the effect has diminished from my initial report. Playing with focus and position has been helpful. Still, it doesn't explain what happened originally.
    Last edited by chuckbuster; 05-29-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

go directly to ophthalmologist, skip optometrist until you need glasses, that's what they're for

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12