Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the OP is referring to just being able to get through and initiate a transfer as opposed to actual processing time...?
    That is correct. I can not even get a hold of them to start the process of initiating a transfer.

The approval wait time comes later (once the buyer calls to do his part).

The CFO does not yet know I want to start a transfer, because they keep dropping the call with me on hold.

Before I get cut off, there is a recording stating that they are experiencing high call volumes.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the OP is referring to just being able to get through and initiate a transfer as opposed to actual processing time...?
    Yes.
    I assume that the two {get through, total transfer time} are proportional and related.

My girlfriend got through this morning pretty quickly ~5 to 10 min wait. They wouldn't give her the rpal number since apparently "if they let the transfer go through without having the physical card, she'd be in illegal possession of a restricted firearm." Printer still having issues so even though it was approved 1.5 weeks ago it hasn't even been printed yet. She was told with expedited request, it could still be up to 10 business days before it's printed.
    Remember High River!

"...does nothing against gangs..." Neither did any other firearms legislation. Firearms legislation has nothing to do with gangs or other criminal organizations. Most of the gang bangers were imported by Junior's daddy too.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Justice

Coke (06-09-2019), manic29 (06-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Burke View Post
    My girlfriend got through this morning pretty quickly ~5 to 10 min wait. They wouldn't give her the rpal number since apparently "if they let the transfer go through without having the physical card, she'd be in illegal possession of a restricted firearm." Printer still having issues so even though it was approved 1.5 weeks ago it hasn't even been printed yet. She was told with expedited request, it could still be up to 10 business days before it's printed.
    My license renewal was approved and issued in 7 days. April 4. Phoning every 2 weeks or so to see if it's been printed. Last Friday was the only time that I had to wait on hold, by the way, about 10 mins. Finally was printed Wed May 29, and mailed Thur May 30. 7 days to issue, almost 2 months to print & mail.
    Last edited by willis; 06-04-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Do you mean today, or on a macro philosophical level?
    Yes.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

LB303 (06-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    Itís all those gang bangers calling in to initiate transfers and register their smuggled guns that iust arrived from the US that are clogging the lines. So Billy Bobís plan is working.......
    New GOC rule:

DO NOT DRINK LIQUIDS AND READ G.O.C. REPLIES!!!

Ginger Ale bubbles are popping inside my head below my eyeballs somewhere...

10. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Aniest

chrisc (06-08-2019), firemachine69 (06-04-2019), greywolf67nt (06-03-2019), Rory McCanuck (06-03-2019), Scotsman (06-07-2019)

CFOs should be abolished. Along with the vast majority of the current gun laws.

Either that or there needs to be legaly enforceable maximum processing time. If the time is exceeded the transfer is approved and the CFO is fined a minimum of $5000 per case. Further violations must result in termination of employment and full loss of pension. An excessive number of violations (5 or more) violations must result in significant prision time.
    "I've always felt the nine most terrifying words in the English language are I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan
    Member NFA, NRA, NJ2AS, & CCFR

12. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Carguy2550

firemachine69 (06-04-2019), manic29 (06-04-2019), Rory McCanuck (06-04-2019), TheMerlin (06-03-2019)

I managed to get a transfer started Friday morning... not sure when it will be finalized (AB to QC).

C71 is the real crime. It is working the poor RCMP CFO people to death.

Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast