Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Accurate 22ís

I finally got my TUFF-22 ordered.

I'm going with the MDT chassis and a KIDD barrel and bolt. I'm hoping to end up with something suitable for pounding tacks and this should at the very least be a solid set-up
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Sounds like a winner.

It arrived today and I’m a bit disappointed in Dlask, and will be writing them. You’d think that a detailed email, with parts breakdown and web links to their product pages, along with a phone call follow up, would ensure an error-free experience, but apparently not.

They gave me a random receiver instead of #72 out of the first batch of 100 that I had requested more than 2 years back. They let the first 100 folks choose one, and they last week confirmed 72 was still held for me.

Ok, not a deal breaker.

But I was sent and charged for an entire AR buffer assembly instead of the requested tube and castle nut, all that I needed for the chassis, which would have been half the price of what I got invoiced for.

And they forgot to send me a mag, as was stated I would get in the phone call.

I put it all together, since I’m not dicking around returning the receiver at this point, but I’m going to be looking for some satisfaction.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I like my 93r17 in the MDT chassis49CC2EC6-B9AB-492B-BBD9-08F47B0DD756.jpg49CC2EC6-B9AB-492B-BBD9-08F47B0DD756.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    happy with my Mk 2 heavy barrel, needs a better stock though

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Dsrussett

Mark-II (11-12-2019), Stew (11-29-2019)

I'm going to try pillar bedding before I drop $600 more on a LSS

I took my Mk-II BTVLSS out of the stock to adjust the trigger (disappointed that it was already as light as it would go) and afterwards I could not get the groups inside of a quarter at 25m

I tried different torque values, and when nothing helped I figured I must have compressed the wood a bit.

I put a thin washer under each lug, set the screws to about 9 inch pounds, and it's back to how it was.

The TUFF is pretty amazing for a semi auto. Now that the barrel has settled in, it's turning in groups comparable with my bolt guns. The trigger group is the weak point. I felt it was pretty good in my old 10/22, with its VQ innards, but on the new rifle, and after a few nice .22s in the past couple years, it's coming up short. Hopefully Aztech can get KIDD units in

DLASK has not answered my emails, BTW - so pretty poor after sales support

I like the MDT chassis for a couple reasons - I like AR ergonomics, and I like being able to set whatever I want for LOP. I find even "adult" sized rimfires to be short in that dept - I have a thick slip on recoil pad on my B22, just to get it (mostly) set up right.

MDT has their annual sale on. I bought a chassis and some discounted blemished attachments for my B22 Savage.

That’ll be my birthday/Xmas gift to myself and my last gun related purchase until there is some certainty in my future

Man you folks have some fancy stuff. I have a BSEV with a Bushnell Elite on it. The thing is a freaking laser. I can't imagine something more accurate. Wow!

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Jonny_Cannon

Mark-II (11-29-2019)

I shot the B22 today, fresh in its chassis. I had cleaned the barrel, since I was getting stuck cases, probably due to grease buildup in the chamber, so it took most of a box to settle in again.

I do not know how much improvement is due to the chassis versus how much is due to the improved ergonomics making the triggerman more consistent, but so long as I held it together I could cut ragged 5 shot holes at 25, little bigger than a thumb tack. I was also putting 3 in the same general hole more often than coincidence should allow, before 4 and 5 would open it up.

Most notably uncalled fliers were much much reduced. Again maybe I’m just more aware of sloppy technique whereas before I might have blamed the gun. Certainly I was shooting better a hundred rounds in versus when I began (not including the fouling shots in that number).

It might be worth tossing a few more X on in an optic. It’s 9x now - a bushnell AR (.223) scope.

On the scope front that glass is noticeably clearer and brighter than the 18x Banner on my 10/22. I did not think to back that one off to 9x to compare at the same magnification, but the Banner was like looking through a tobacco sooted window. Not horrible on its own, but very stark when switching guns.

I have a 12x Banner of a different series on my MKII that I liked enough to prompt the purchase of the second one, though I don’t think I ever did a head to head with it next to the AR scope.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456