Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accurate 22ís

I love .22's. I'll inevitably pick up a premium one one day. I've got a beautiful Dlask build going that has the potential to be awesome. My current favorite is a savage heavy barrel.

I do want to grump about cci standard velocity ammo though. Their green tag stuff is chosen by doing testing on their standard velocity line. When a batch comes out that's particularly accurate, they pull the batch, mark it green tag, and set the price it like centre fire.

Sure the left overs are still good stuff, but it bothers be that the best of it has been removed. It looks like Federal might be doing the same thing.

Anyways, one day I'll pick up a cz because everyone raves about them. Maybe an Anshutz as well!
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps Ė each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Hidyn

Stew (06-08-2019)

I did a 10/22 build using a Dlask receiver, Kidd 20” stainless match barrel, Kidd 2 stage trigger, bolt, charging handle, guide rod and springs and mounted it a Great Plains Rifle Co benchrest stock made from maple and black walnut

How does it shoot?

Only semi I have at the moment is a Winchester 63. Not precisely a precision piece.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Four Accurate .22 rifles

Ruger American Rimfire
    CZ 455 Target
    Zastava MP22
    Ruger Deluxe Carbine

ldzp3jM.jpg
    27201383760_97405ef98a_b.jpg

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By t_glover

3MTA3 (06-16-2019), chrisc (06-16-2019), kennymo (06-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by t_glover View Post
    Four Accurate .22 rifles

Ruger American Rimfire
    CZ 455 Target
    Zastava MP22
    Ruger Deluxe Carbine

ldzp3jM.jpg
    27201383760_97405ef98a_b.jpg

That's some pretty wood.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I'd like to say Yes, but I'm probably not as dedicated. I look for rifles with a good reputation and stick with SV ammo and generally work at doing the best I've can. I've never worked on accurizing a gun beyond installing lighter trigger springs in the CZs

I've eyeballed the Lithgow rifles, since they make a LH one, but have not decided on one yet. How are they out of the box?

I've got a build list together for Dlask, whenever they decide to sell a TUFF-22. I was going to go for a heavy Kidd barrel and bolt and possibly their MDT made chassis. That'll be a spendy one, so far as I define the term. Other consideration is perhaps the Ruger competition rifle.
    Have you tried mini-mags in your CZs? I have found them more accurate than CCI SV or Eley Sport in the two that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Have you tried mini-mags in your CZs? I have found them more accurate than CCI SV or Eley Sport in the two that I have.
    I have the ones with the TV guy on the box, but did not find them any better. At least not at the 25m limit of the indoor range. Further out it gets a bit less distinct.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I have the ones with the TV guy on the box, but did not find them any better. At least not at the 25m limit of the indoor range. Further out it gets a bit less distinct.
    The mini-mag solids shoot a little tighter than the hollow-point "Chootem" brand; but the Chootems are slightly tighter than the SV in both my rifles. Both rifles will benefit soon from a Yo Dave trigger job; they could use it.

I'll try some non-celebrity ones the next time I'm at the store.

I grabbed a Yo Dave kit and the second lightest spring brought my 452 down to something like 14oz. Passes the bump test, so I'm happy. I did not try any of the shims, as I didn't want to remove the entire trigger mech. There's little discernible creep in the thing anyway.

Cabelas has an A22 going on sale for a reasonably good price. I understand they are decent, though I was looking at the pro varmint, which is twice as much as this one with the thin barrel

seems savage makes an A22 for the scared of semis countries, it latches after each shot and bolt has to be manually released, very odd

https://safarifirearms.com.au/savage...ot-sku-a22rpv/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast