Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accurate 22ís

Accurate 22ís

Anyone else into accurate 22ís? Iíve got few, Winchester 52C, Lithgow LA101, custom (by myself) built 10/22 only Ruger parts are the magazines and full custom built Stiller 2500X.

I'd like to say Yes, but I'm probably not as dedicated. I look for rifles with a good reputation and stick with SV ammo and generally work at doing the best I've can. I've never worked on accurizing a gun beyond installing lighter trigger springs in the CZs

I've eyeballed the Lithgow rifles, since they make a LH one, but have not decided on one yet. How are they out of the box?

I've got a build list together for Dlask, whenever they decide to sell a TUFF-22. I was going to go for a heavy Kidd barrel and bolt and possibly their MDT made chassis. That'll be a spendy one, so far as I define the term. Other consideration is perhaps the Ruger competition rifle.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Accuracy out of the box is excellent with the Lithgow. I mounted a Weaver T36 scope and sighted in with a good lot # of SK Standard Plus, 1/2” groups at 50 yds.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By 22accuracy

Mark-II (06-04-2019)

Nice. They sure look good in laminate and silver.

I keep holding out for Anschutz to bring back the left hand MPR, but I think my money is safe. I shot someone else's once and it was amazing, though I'm not sure what he fed it. CCI standard seems to work as well as anything of similar velocity in my guns, so I mostly use that.

I tried the SK standard once but I didn't feel that I did any better with it, for the extra cost. It fair stinks too, lol.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I researched this a lot and the surprise favourite was the Savage BSEV, the wonky rainbow looking one with multiple layers of laminate.

Do a quick Google search, it’s a tack driver. I’ll always regret not getting one when Cabela’s had it on clearance for $499.

I want to give it to my kids as a futuristic “sniper rifle”.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

RobertMcC
    I would have to say my Cooey.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

Hidyn (06-06-2019), Lee Enfield (09-10-2019)

My most accurate .22 is a Ruger deluxe carbine I bought in 1993.

happy with my Mk 2 heavy barrel, needs a better stock though

MDT is supposed to be releasing a chassis for the Savage B series. I might put that on the chits n giggles list.

I have a slip-on recoil pad on my B22 because the LOP is too short otherwise.

If I ever saw one and had the money at the same time, I'd snap up a No. 7 Lee-Enfield in a heart beat. Wouldn't care if it had the box or not either. Those things shot the IVI Standard velocity crap the CF gave us like it was meant for 'em. The Anschutz 190's(I think) the Regm't Assoc. gave my Corps, shot it pretty well too though. Shot those left with no fuss.
    And that's with as much as .22's bore me silly.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast