Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accurate 22ís

wow.... still, it's no worse that the creative ways folks have come up with to get around commiefornias increasingly insane detachable magazine laws and prohibition on shoulder things that go up.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Mark-II, if you can find them, try a box the CCI Green Tag. About 1070 fps, but very consistent in my experience through an A-Bolt 22LR, a Ruger K77/22 and a Ruger 10/22.

916.jpg
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By GTW

2012Cvoguy (06-15-2019), Mark-II (06-14-2019)

Savage Mark II G is pretty accurate for a cheap out-of-the-box rifle. Also has a nice trigger.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By neos

Stew (06-14-2019)

Green Tag is a bit dear for my Winnipegger nature. I might still have a half pack. It’s probably wasted on the 25m range though

Last night I put together an upper based on a 20” CMMG barrel and new bolt assembly that I’ve had for months but never got around to building. Testing it today and it was pretty lacklustre at first. Federal 38gr was poor. CCI blazer was better. S&B standard is pretty good but smoky. I’m not sure I want to shoot that greasy stuff in a semi.

CCI AR Tactical, though, is driving tacks! At least in early testing

I’ve had a CMMG upper before, with a shorter barrel and a used bolt assembly that I refitted from a chamber conversion kit to dedicated 22. It never shot nearly this well.

Urge to buy that Savage is much decreased.

I’ve ordered a JP Rifles 22 kit from Aztech. Looking forward to trying it out in a month or so.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Green Tag = $0.28 a round for 22lr, I don't like paying that for 9mm, I'll try take the A22 out this week, see what works, got Golden Bullets (work surprisingly well in my pistol) Mini Mags and Fed bulk

I see a couple dealers have the Ruger Competition rifle in stock. It's tempting. I've had funds put aside for a Dlask TUFF22, so it would be one or the other.

I have a pretty healthy assortment of .22ís and I thought my heavy barrel CZ Grey Ghost was the one until I broke down for a last of for this life .22LR....

The 1712 is wicked consistent across the board with any half azz ammo and even with CCI Standard it makes me smile. Iím in Teaxas at the moment and too cheap for cloud services (They truly irk me) so until Iím back I cant post targets.....

I still have and never will part with Popís Savage 110 in ĎOught Six, so very accurate to this day. Savage is so underrated in some aspects.

DCAAB923-5E3C-4869-A046-3A288E98BDBE.jpg

10. The Following User Liked This Post By 2012Cvoguy

Mark-II (06-17-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123