Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A few more "dumb" questions about stripped kits -9mm?

The AR learning curve is steep- but if I can rebuild an engine I should be able to do this (I think? )

Interested in trying a 9mm build. The other thread suggested just waiting for components to go on sale and that will likely be my nece$$ary approach.

-Are there any components that Brownells cannot sell me? Happy to buy from our vendors but wish to know what choices there are.

- I'm a little fuzzy on the parts between the barrel and the BCG, is there a good exploded diagram around?

- What would the mag size restrictions be for a 9mm build?

PS:I haven't posted here for a while- 'tis like a breath of fresh air

I’m just getting into the “build game” as well....I’ve managed to find TONS of videos on YouTube that walk you through how to build.

As for the parts, I too have the same question as you. Tagged out of interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "Canadians expend about half a billion rounds of ammunition per year (ammunition import statistics). If guns are the cause of homicide, we're missing 99.9999992% of the time." from Range Bob

Quote Originally Posted by GonZo View Post
    Hope this helps

That definitely helps but do you have the link for the original as well some of the font gets quite fuzzy when you try to “zoom in”

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    That definitely helps but do you have the link for the original as well some of the font gets quite fuzzy when you try to “zoom in”

I just googled ar 15 breakdown haha. First image that came up.

"Canadians expend about half a billion rounds of ammunition per year (ammunition import statistics). If guns are the cause of homicide, we're missing 99.9999992% of the time." from Range Bob

Quote Originally Posted by GonZo View Post
    I just googled ar 15 breakdown haha. First image that came up.

Thanks, I can certainly do that

Not to blow your project before it even starts, but don't AR-based PCC use a custom mag well incompatible with STANAG mags ? 9mm is much shorter than 223, so I'd expect the round to have to feed from the front of the mag. Also, 9mm even "dual stack" mags generally converge on a single feed ramp, while rifle ammo uses dual feed ramps.

edit: after checking things around, you'll definitively need a magwell adapter.

Also, you'll need to figure out the gas system requirement, I'm not sure the typical 9mm round generate enough pressure to cycle the action...

Quote Originally Posted by x0ra View Post
    Also, you'll need to figure out the gas system requirement, I'm not sure the typical 9mm round generate enough pressure to cycle the action...
    Google it.

While there are gas operated PCC out there, the vast majority of them are straight blowback.

Quote Originally Posted by x0ra View Post
    Not to blow your project before it even starts, but don't AR-based PCC use a custom mag well incompatible with STANAG mags ? 9mm is much shorter than 223, so I'd expect the round to have to feed from the front of the mag. Also, 9mm even "dual stack" mags generally converge on a single feed ramp, while rifle ammo uses dual feed ramps.

edit: after checking things around, you'll definitively need a magwell adapter.
    Not necessarily. There is a mag available that allows 9mm ammo to be run in an AR lower without the need for any adapter. It is called the Endo-Mag IIRC.

I have a very simple mag adapter that allows the use of Sten mags in an unmodified AR lower. This is from the Olympic Arms conversion and it works really well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast