Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    57 million straws a day? Which orifice did he pull that number from?
    LOL there isnt even that many people in canada

E0E8D73A-64C3-4826-9CA0-17CBBAEC79D6.jpg
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo9mm View Post
    LOL there isn't even that many people in Canada
    Justin's twitter thread (from my post's link) has people defending the '57 million a day' number.
    One says it's reasonable because there are people who use 5 straws a day. 26 million adults * 5 straws a day is 130 million.

Lots ridiculing it.

and then there's this

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Justin's twitter thread (from my post's link) has people defending the '57 million a day' number.
    One says it's reasonable because there are people who use 5 straws a day. 26 million adults * 5 straws a day is 130 million.

Lots ridiculing it.

and then there's this

sorry i forgot about the poloticians that snort cocaine
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Canada will ban many single-use plastic items by 2021, including bags, straws, cutlery and stirring sticks, to cut harmful waste damaging the country's ecosystems.
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the measures Monday, describing "a problem we simply can't ignore."
    "Plastic waste ends up in our landfills and incinerators, litters our parks and beaches, and pollutes our rivers, lakes, and oceans, entangling and killing turtles, fish, and marine mammals," the Canadian leader said in a statement.
    -- https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/ameri...hnk/index.html

Canadians throw away 3 million tonnes of plastic waste every year. 15 billion plastic bags a year. 57 million straws a day. They end up in our oceans, beaches, parks and streets. And this has to stop. We owe it to our planet, and to our kids.
    -- Justin Trudeau's twitter staff, June 10 2019, https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/st...87621698592768
    What about all the plastics they told us for years was being recycled? nearly every house in my neighborhood and all or Ottawa puts out blue plastics recycling bins at the trash on garbage day and have been doing so for decades, are they now saying that is only a massive con job and the cities are just dumping it into rivers, oceans etc?

Most buildings in the city even have separate recycling bins too, same deal with most fast food stores. So basically they are just admitting and telling us we have been separating and collecting recycling for decades for no good reason as they are really just dumping it or sending it to third world nations for them to do the same?

So after BSing us for all this time they are now trying to tell us we are bad and they are going to fix it by banning what they pushed us into using in the first place. As I clearly remember when we all used to get our groceries, bread and shopping in paper bags but they said that was bad for the environment with all the trees that were getting cut down to turn into paper bags and told us we should us plastic bags instead.

When I was still at school I had a side job after school and on weekends at our local grocery store packing the paper grocery bags and helping carry them out to the car for elderly shoppers. It earned me good spending money back in the day to pay for stuff like going to the movies or buying new sporting gear. So after using paper bags for over a century until the late 1970's early 1980's or so we are now returning to using them?

In 1852, Francis Wolle, a US schoolteacher, invented the first machine to mass-produce paper bags for groceries. Wolle and his brother patented the machine and founded the Union Paper Bag Company. His company generated $4 million in income in one year. Currently his company is under the ownership of International Paper. The International Paper Company (NYSE: IP) is an American pulp and paper company, the largest such company in the world. It has approximately 56,000 employees, and is headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee. Revenue of US$21.743 billion (2017).
    Orange man is bad, Lemon man is good, Sock man is Canada's saviour!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12