Build or buy for 3 gun?

I'm want to get into 3gun. I don't like to buy one thing only to replace it later (normally costing more $), I prefer to grow into the equipment instead of growing out of it. I'm pretty sure about the 3 guns I want to use, rifle: Maccabee defense SLR, shotgun: Remington Versa Max, and pistol: Glock 34.

Im looking for guidance and information about, what are difficulties with the rifle ammo count, and how many targets are normally in an average runs? What upgrade are available for the Versa Max? Which is better/what are the pros and cons of the Glock 34 gen3 vs gen4? Is there an option to get just the frame and build it, or do I have to buy the pistol and mod it from there?

Thanks in advance for any help!

You have to build the Maccabee, so do what you want. The Versamax comes in different trim levels including a halfway competition model. Mine is stock with just a longer tube, but it needs work if I ever compete with it. Lifter is the big one if you like your thumbnails. The Glock can be upgraded with Arrow T50 parts to get a better trigger.

Welcome to the forum.