Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar

Trudeau to apologize to Italians mistreated in Canada during WWII

Trudeau to apologize to Italians mistreated in Canada during WWII

https://globalnews.ca/news/5393592/j...EaNyEk42Q0bFfE

2019-06-11T11-23-05.533Z--640x360.jpg
    Trudeau made the announcement Friday in Vaughan, Ont., at an event celebrating Italian heritage month.
    WATCH: June 11 — Italian Heritage Month

He says during the war, Italian Canadian families and businesses struggled and no one was held responsible.
    Trudeau says a formal apology would offer closure to the community.
    READ MORE: Various weekend road closures in store for Toronto’s Taste of Little Italy festival
    He also announced that the federal government would be opening a permanent trade centre in Milan, Italy.
    Trudeau did not provide further details, but he says the centre will ensure that the “future is bright” between Canada and Italy.
    CSSA

Ahhh,,, ok, is there anyone else that needs an apology, anyone,, anyone at all,, anyone,,
    CSSA

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

Lonesome George (06-19-2019), Suputin (06-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    Ahhh,,, ok, is there anyone else that needs an apology, anyone,, anyone at all,, anyone,,
    I think this covers literally everyone now.

Next we’ll move to animals, I imagine.

Ones we’ve killed for meat, ones we’ve used for labour agains their will, etc.
    Don’t order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post

Next we’ll move to animals, I imagine.

Ones we’ve killed for meat, ones we’ve used for labour agains their will, etc.
    you know every time he apologies,, I'm still left thinking there must be someone out there that needs a hug
    CSSA

In my day, I remember when being strong used to be a good thing.
    Don’t order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post

that justin has missed the Irish in 1850. We took in their potato famine refugees, and put most of them in quarantine camps which were tents in the winter, and then because they were Catholics (rather than Protestants) and stereotypes about them being diseased thieving inferior drunks ostracized them and made them virtually unemployable, and children were renamed and assigned to french-only speaking parents who removed all semblance of their culture, creating cultural genocide. Further, we as a member of the Commonwealth agreed to take the Irish in, but failed to provide the necessities of life, including sustenance or even decent living conditions on the ships coming here, resulting in disease, starvation, and death enroute of already starving refugees.

The "genocide question" includes that Canada, being an aforementioned member of the commonwealth, also bears responsibility for the state sponsored genocide in Ireland via the potato famine, and the lame attempt to explain it away.
    The government's crime, was rooted in the effort to regenerate Ireland through landlord-engineered replacement of tillage plots with grazing lands that took precedence over the obligation to provide food ... for its starving citizens. It is little wonder that the policy looked to many people like genocide. At a fairly early stage of the Great Famine the government's abject failure to stop or even slow down the clearances (evictions) contributed in a major way to enshrining the idea of state-sponsored genocide.
    Cormac Ó Gráda disagreed that the famine was genocide. He argues that "genocide includes murderous intent, and it must be said that not even the most bigoted and racist commentators of the day sought the extermination of the Irish", and also that most people in Whitehall "hoped for better times for Ireland". Additionally, he states that the claim of genocide overlooks "the enormous challenge facing relief agencies, both central and local, public and private". Ó Gráda thinks that a case of neglect is easier to sustain than that of genocide.
    In 1996, the U.S. state of New Jersey included the famine in the "Holocaust and Genocide Curriculum" for its secondary schools.
    -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...ocide_question

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    I have yet to receive an apology from Selfie the Virtue Signaller. I had forebears that were enslaved. When do I get my teary eyed apology and $10.5M...okay, maybe not the cash, but the apology and a paper drink box water bottle sort of thingy...? Actually, all I want from the Turd is an opportunity to toss some spare change into his tin cup beside the subway grate he's sitting on.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By chuckbuster

Billythreefeathers (06-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post

that justin has missed the Irish in 1850.
    I was going to say "the Irish". I can show you mass graves in the last two cities I've lived in. One stone, covered on all sides with names of people who either died on the way over or shortly afterward. Mostly children. I could show you other stones for the ones that died making canals and railways. Some of those sites had close to 50% casualty rates. Well, they're only Irish. Far too pasty white for him to apoligise, and Liz would not be amused at all.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

M1917 Enfield (06-17-2019)

How many apologies are required? In 1990, then Prime Minister Brian Mulroney apologized for the internment of and wrongs committed against Italian-Canadians during WWII.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Two For Sure

Neil Burke (06-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Two For Sure View Post
    How many apologies are required? In 1990, then Prime Minister Brian Mulroney apologized for the internment of and wrongs committed against Italian-Canadians during WWII.
    yep,,, and when will he apologies to Chinese Canadians who carved an nation out of rocks and trees to built the railway coast to coast
    CSSA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast