Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    same difference. by the time you get it... it'll be at least August or September.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

I am a reloader, because I like the freedom to shoot without limits.
    all I gotta do is load MOAR!!!!!

I AMa CFSC/CRFSC instructor and it IS 18.
    CFSC and CRFSC Instructor to Santa

The PAL application form says 18 or over.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...s/5592-eng.pdf

The Firearms Act says
    "64(1) A licence that is issued to an individual who is eighteen years old or older "
    -- https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/F-11.6.pdf
    "An individual who is less than eighteen years old and who hunts or traps as a way of life is eligible to hold a licence if the individual needs to hunt or trap in order to sustain himself or herself or his or her family." ... " An individual who is twelve years old or older but less than eighteen years old is eligible to hold a licence authorizing the individual to possess, in accordance with the conditions attached to the licence, a firearm for the purpose of target practice, hunting or instruction in the use of firearms or for the purpose of taking part in an organized competition."
    "An individual who is less than eighteen years old is not eligible to hold a licence authorizing the individual to possess prohibited firearms or restricted firearms or to acquire firearms or cross-bows."

[humor]
    The statement that you have to be 18-years-old is totally false.
    You may be older than 18 as well !
    Last edited by RangeBob; 06-23-2019 at 11:18 AM.

"...google search says 18..." So does the law. That instructor doesn't know what he's doing.
    The age of majority has nothing to do with it. The whole thing is what happens when unqualified people are allowed to run the useless courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    "...google search says 18..." So does the law. That instructor doesn't know what he's doing.
    The age of majority has nothing to do with it. The whole thing is what happens when unqualified people are allowed to run the useless courses.
    “The guy who signed him up” - likely a store staffer. I haven’t heard of any unqualified people certified as the actual instructors...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12